|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is actually the ruler of the universe?
(d) Pure Chance.
2. Crowley asserts in Chapter 30 that in order to experience the Truth, a person must move to a higher level of _____.
(b) Revelation and Love.
3. Chapter 16 advises the reader to embrace the change brought on by what?
4. Who will be the father of the one child the feminine of Chapter 4 gives birth to?
5. In Chapter 11, what shoots down through The Abyss, uniting what is above with what is below?
6. What is referred to as the orgasm, or state when one encounters the universal consciousness?
(a) The Death.
(b) The Sacrifice.
(c) The Charioting.
(d) The Little Death.
7. What number represents the unity of the many and also the joy of that unity?
8. Which character does Crowley use to refer to himself in the text?
(a) Frater Perdurabo.
9. Crowley writes that it is not necessary to understand God but to simply ____ him.
(b) Believe in.
10. Crowley writes in Chapter 24 that One True God cries "____,"
11. The Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is an official ritual of the Angel and ____.
12. What name is Latin for I will endure to the end?
(a) Frater Perdurabo.
(b) Solomne Victus.
(c) Nuit Arma Virumque.
(d) Omni Verusabus.
13. The thirty-ninth chapter explains how ______ cause a person to develop a new brain function.
14. Crowley states that when the universe is in _____, anything can topple it.
(a) Perfect balance.
15. The first triad in Chapter 0 exists even before what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 0, Crowley describes that God created both knowledge and what?
2. In Chapter 37 Crowley asserts that both thought and meditation are what?
3. The life giving force of the universe is also shown to be related to the number ___ because like a tortoise shell she covers and protects all things, including Jehovah.
4. In Chapter 23, by which means does Crowley tell his followers to leave easy lives, the world at large, and even each other?
5. Crowley says that the goal of the book is to explain snow to residents of where?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)