|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Montgomery have as he travels?
(a) He feels he is going to do something bad.
(b) He is very excited.
(c) He is very upset.
(d) He feels anxious.
2. Who was visited every time Montgomery and his father went to Dun Laoghaire when Montgomery was a child?
(a) Montgomery's father's mistress.
(b) Montgomery's aunt.
(c) Montgomery's mother.
(d) Montgomery's grandmother.
3. What does Montgomery feel it is necessary to tell the court that he is not?
(a) Afraid of anyone.
(b) A coward.
(d) A murderer.
4. Where does Montgomery travel to after he neglects to pay back the money he borrowed?
5. Montgomery comes back into the present to tell the courts about where he had gone that day. Where did he go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To his favorite restaurant.
(c) To see his son.
(d) To his mother's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Montgomery do when he first sees Charlie French that surprises himself?
2. Who does Montgomery introduce to the judge while trying to explain his actions the day of his crime?
3. Where does the taxi driver take Montgomery when he leaves Whitewater?
4. What happens in a crowded street as Anna is returning from taking her father to the hospital?
5. What does Montgomery insist he went to Whitewater to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Montgomery tell the court about his bad moods as a child?
2. Why does the author have Montgomery tell the part about walking in on Joanne naked?
3. Why does Montgomery feel it's necessary to share his dreams with the court?
4. Do you think the fight between Montgomery and his mother was solely based on the selling of the paintings?
5. Why would the drug baron make Montgomery leave his family behind while Montgomery gets the money he owes the baron?
6. Why does the author switch back and forth from past to present?
7. The reader is introduced to Montgomery's counsel. Montgomery likes him because of his fierceness in the courtroom. Why would he like someone for this characteristic?
8. The author goes into detail when he describes Dublin after ten years. Why does he do this?
9. What is the irony about Montgomery meeting his wife through Anna Behrens?
10. What is the relationship between Charlie French and Montgomery?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)