|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Montgomery go because he enjoys the atmosphere when he arrives in Dublin?
(a) A local coffee shop.
(b) His favorite restaurant, O'Toole's.
(c) One of the local museums.
(d) Wally's Pub.
2. What has Montgomery been doing to his mother and childhood home?
(a) He's been supporting her for years.
(b) He has been visiting regularly.
(c) He has hired a caretaker to take care of her needs.
(d) He's been taking money from her estate.
3. What does the argument between Montgomery and his mother about the missing items bring up?
(a) Montgomery's bad habits.
(b) His father's death.
(c) Montgomery's abandonment.
(d) Montgomery's reckless past.
4. Why does Montgomery tease his mother with a drink?
(a) Because he isn't supposed to drink.
(b) Because there isn't any more.
(c) Because she has stopped drinking.
(d) Because he knows she hates when he drinks.
5. What is ironic about Montgomery's engagement and marriage to his wife?
(a) They knew each other only briefly.
(b) They got married in the same church as his parents.
(c) He doesn't remember ever proposing.
(d) They got married on the same day as her parents did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Randolph get the money for Montgomery's "loan"?
2. What kind of mother does Montgomery see his wife as?
3. What is his mother's business venture since his father's death?
4. How does Montgomery explain his father's personality?
5. How does Montgomery feel about Randolph when he meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think the people who Randolph borrowed money from to give to Montgomery cut off Randolph's ear?
2. Why does the author have Montgomery tell the part about walking in on Joanne naked?
3. The reader is introduced to Montgomery's counsel. Montgomery likes him because of his fierceness in the courtroom. Why would he like someone for this characteristic?
4. Why does the author switch back and forth from past to present?
5. What is the irony about Montgomery meeting his wife through Anna Behrens?
6. Why would it be in Montgomery's benefit to keep information on Randolph to blackmail him?
7. Montgomery has the feeling he is about to do something very bad. Why is this ironic?
8. What is the relationship between Charlie French and Montgomery?
9. Why are the details of Montgomery's engagement and marriage to Daphne important?
10. Why would the drug baron make Montgomery leave his family behind while Montgomery gets the money he owes the baron?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)