|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the person who supplied the money for Montgomery's loan feel about not being paid back?
(a) Furious with Montgomery.
(b) Unhappy and demands Montgomery get the money.
(c) Tells Montgomery not to worry about it.
(d) Very understanding and gives Montgomery an extension.
2. What is Charlie French's profession?
(a) He runs a gallery.
(b) He's a teacher.
(c) He owns a museum.
(d) He works in finance.
3. Who is Randolph?
(a) An American drug dealer that Montgomery blackmails.
(b) A childhood friend of Montgomery's.
(c) Montgomery's brother.
(d) Montgomery's father.
4. Where does Montgomery attend school and meet his wife?
(b) South America.
5. What is Maolseachlainn's trick in the courtroom?
(a) He keeps asking questions multiple ways.
(b) He's very sarcastic.
(c) He finds small details and uses them.
(d) He is very intimidating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Montgomery's father die?
2. Where has Montgomery lived the past few years?
3. How does Montgomery explain his father's personality?
4. How long has Montgomery been away from his family home until this most recent visit?
5. What is the name of Montgomery's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. The author goes into detail when he describes Dublin after ten years. Why does he do this?
2. Why does Montgomery tell his wife very little?
3. What would be Montgomery's reasoning for introducing his alter ego, Billy Bunter, to the jury?
4. The reader is introduced to Montgomery's counsel. Montgomery likes him because of his fierceness in the courtroom. Why would he like someone for this characteristic?
5. Mr. Behrens says the paintings he bought from Montgomery's mother were "not suited to be at Whitewater." How is this statement ironic to Montgomery's sense of reality?
6. Why would the drug baron make Montgomery leave his family behind while Montgomery gets the money he owes the baron?
7. A car bomb explodes while Anna Behrens is leaving the hospital with her father. What is the symbolism of the car bomb?
8. Why is Montgomery's recount of his mother's funeral ironic?
9. Montgomery goes into a fantasy about being by his father's side when he died when in fact he wasn't in the city. Why does Montgomery tell this story?
10. Why does Montgomery go out of his way to tell the court that he is not a homosexual?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)