|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montgomery feel as he shops and walks around town?
(c) Happy and carefree.
(d) Cautious and paranoid.
2. What does Montgomery compare his life to Charlie's?
(a) His worst nightmare.
(b) Living at a country club.
(c) Life as a fugitive.
(d) Living with his mother.
3. Why does Charlie begin to question Montgomery about his crime?
(a) Montgomery has been acting differently.
(b) He read about it in the papers.
(c) He is taken to the police station that day.
(d) He's heard rumors.
4. Who does Montgomery claim made the decision about his victim's fate?
(a) Charlie French.
(b) Anna Behrens.
(c) Billy Bunter.
5. What other things does Montgomery think about the day of his capture?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His childhood.
6. What do the papers say Montgomery lacks when he is read his charges?
7. How does Montgomery feel about this situation with the stolen painting and a hostage?
(a) He is very excited.
(b) He thinks he's lucky.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He feels it's unfair.
8. As Montgomery reads the papers, what depresses him?
(a) The description of himself.
(b) The rendition of his crime.
(c) No one is looking for him.
(d) The bad news in the world.
9. How does Montgomery feel about the offers being made?
(a) He disagrees with them.
(b) He thinks they are a good idea.
(c) He just wants the case over.
(d) He doesn't care either way.
10. Why can't Montgomery really think about his crime?
(a) He gets pleasure out of keeping it his secret.
(b) He doesn't think anyone will believe his story.
(c) He can't believe it's true.
(d) He's not really sure what he's admitting.
11. On the morning he is captured, what does Montgomery fantasize about?
(a) Marrying Charlie.
(b) Taking hostages and making his point.
(c) Reuniting with his family.
(d) Running away to an exotic place.
12. What is the name of Montgomery's son?
13. What does Montgomery "muse" about as he passes a tour bus on his way into Whitewater?
(a) It is a great day for a tour.
(b) He wants to see Anna.
(c) He wishes he was on the tour.
(d) The driver could be a potential witness.
14. Why does Montgomery believe the opposing counsel is making him offers?
(a) They think he is innocent.
(b) To save the state money.
(c) To protect Charlie's reputation.
(d) Because they think he is insane.
15. What are Montgomery's feelings towards Max?
(a) He likes him a lot.
(b) He envies him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He really doesn't have any.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie always like to think about himself in reference to Montgomery's family?
2. What does Montgomery's counsel want to do?
3. What is the fantasy that Montgomery has about Charlie?
4. What does Montgomery find when he breaks into Charlie's desk?
5. At first Montgomery believes he is in shock, but what does he decide the feeling really is?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)