|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who embarrasses Montgomery at the dinner party?
(b) The foxy lady.
(c) The housekeeper.
2. Why can't Montgomery really think about his crime?
(a) He can't believe it's true.
(b) He gets pleasure out of keeping it his secret.
(c) He's not really sure what he's admitting.
(d) He doesn't think anyone will believe his story.
3. Why does Montgomery think the days ahead will be his most exciting ever?
(a) He plans on leaving the country.
(b) He's buying a boat.
(c) He's starting a new job.
(d) Once he's caught he can be himself.
4. When did Montgomery's mother make the change in the will?
(a) Five years ago.
(b) A year ago.
(c) Eight years ago.
(d) The day before she died.
5. Montgomery remembers that Charlie used to live with his mother and he inquires about her. What has happened to Charlie's mother?
(a) She has moved away.
(b) She bought her own place.
(c) She is on vacation.
(d) She has died.
6. How does Montgomery feel as he shops and walks around town?
(a) Happy and carefree.
(c) Cautious and paranoid.
7. Charlie has a dinner party and does not invite Montgomery. How does Montgomery feel about this?
(a) He is thrilled because he finds them boring.
(b) He is insulted and feels Charlie is avoiding him.
(c) He gets angry and confrontational.
(d) He doesn't care.
8. What does Montgomery borrow from Charlie?
(a) An entire outfit.
(b) His car.
(c) A book.
9. Who emerges from the kitchen as Charlie is speaking to Montgomery about his crime?
(b) The police.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A lawyer.
10. As Montgomery reads the papers, what depresses him?
(a) The bad news in the world.
(b) The description of himself.
(c) No one is looking for him.
(d) The rendition of his crime.
11. What stops Montgomery from stealing the Portrait of a Woman with Gloves?
(a) His conscience gets the best of him.
(b) The tour group comes in.
(c) A maid interrupts.
(d) Mr. Behrens enters the room.
12. As Montgomery is fleeing the scene, what does he feel he needs to do?
(a) Call Anna Behrens.
(b) Wash his hands.
(c) Call his wife.
(d) Visit his cousin.
13. What does Montgomery comment about when reading the confession?
(a) The bad grammar.
(b) How short it is.
(c) The poor vocabulary.
(d) The spelling mistakes.
14. What job did Charlie arrange for Montgomery in the past?
(a) Getting research papers for the government.
(b) Driving a bus.
(c) Working on Wall Street.
(d) Working as a scientist for NASA.
15. What does Montgomery "muse" about as he passes a tour bus on his way into Whitewater?
(a) He wishes he was on the tour.
(b) It is a great day for a tour.
(c) He wants to see Anna.
(d) The driver could be a potential witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Montgomery feel about this situation with the stolen painting and a hostage?
2. How does Montgomery use the check Charlie gives him for the loan?
3. How do the police find Montgomery?
4. What do the papers say Montgomery lacks when he is read his charges?
5. Montgomery hits his victim repeatedly and decides to leave the car. What is he expecting as he considers abandoning the victim and his car?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)