|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Montgomery is fleeing the scene, what does he feel he needs to do?
(a) Visit his cousin.
(b) Call his wife.
(c) Wash his hands.
(d) Call Anna Behrens.
2. What does Montgomery's counsel want to do?
(a) Hire another lawyer.
(b) Accept a plea bargain.
(c) Plead for insanity.
3. How does Montgomery use the check Charlie gives him for the loan?
(a) He buys clothes.
(b) He pays off his debt.
(c) He goes on vacation.
(d) Nothing. He never cashes it.
4. Why does Montgomery think the days ahead will be his most exciting ever?
(a) He's starting a new job.
(b) Once he's caught he can be himself.
(c) He plans on leaving the country.
(d) He's buying a boat.
5. Who is watching Montgomery as he forces his victim into the car?
(a) The tour group.
(b) Anna Behrens.
(c) Mr. Behrens.
(d) The maid.
6. What is Montgomery afraid to do after he finds blood on his fingers?
(a) To call Coolgrange.
(b) To think about what he has done.
(c) To go back to the United States.
(d) To go home.
7. When Montgomery reads the newspapers he thinks back to the day of the crime. What does he realize his victim was saying as he walked away?
(a) "Mammy, love."
(b) "Save me."
(c) "Tommy, love."
(d) "Help me."
8. Why does Montgomery believe the opposing counsel is making him offers?
(a) Because they think he is insane.
(b) To protect Charlie's reputation.
(c) They think he is innocent.
(d) To save the state money.
9. Montgomery is roaming around the town shopping and carefree. Why does Montgomery feel exhilarated as he wanders about town?
(a) No one knows what he has done.
(b) He has all new clothes.
(c) He has gotten a new job.
(d) He is in love.
10. Coming back to the present, Montgomery claims he knows a lot about something. What is it?
11. As Montgomery drives into the city with the wounded victim in the backseat, how do people react?
(a) They all call to him asking if he's okay.
(b) They chase him.
(c) They rear end him.
(d) They ignore him.
12. Montgomery hits his victim repeatedly and decides to leave the car. What is he expecting as he considers abandoning the victim and his car?
(a) To wake up from this nightmare.
(b) For his victim follow him.
(c) To be killed himself.
(d) To see people come look for him.
13. What does Montgomery compare his life to Charlie's?
(a) Life as a fugitive.
(b) Living at a country club.
(c) His worst nightmare.
(d) Living with his mother.
14. How does Charlie always like to think about himself in reference to Montgomery's family?
(a) As an old family friend.
(b) As just an acquaintance.
(c) As a business partner with Montgomery's parents.
(d) As a neighbor.
15. What does Montgomery find when he breaks into Charlie's desk?
(a) Hundreds of dollars.
(b) Embarrassing pictures.
(c) Letters from his lover.
(d) Notes from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Montgomery do after tossing out his breakfast when Charlie leaves?
2. Why can't Montgomery really think about his crime?
3. How does Montgomery feel about this situation with the stolen painting and a hostage?
4. As Montgomery reads the papers, what depresses him?
5. What does Montgomery "muse" about as he passes a tour bus on his way into Whitewater?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)