|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Montgomery get every time he went to Dun Laoghaire as a child?
(a) A cookie.
(b) A book.
(c) A shilling.
2. How long has Montgomery been in jail before reaching this point in the trial?
(a) Two months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six months.
3. How does Montgomery refer to his wife when they meet?
(a) As a gift from God.
(b) As the beginning of the end of this life.
(c) As the worst thing that ever happened to him.
(d) As a "sacrificial offering."
4. What does Montgomery tell Maolseachlainn the fight was about?
(a) Betrayal and Joanne.
(b) Montgomery drinking.
(c) Montgomery doing drugs.
5. Montgomery comes back into the present to tell the courts about where he had gone that day. Where did he go?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To see his son.
(c) To his mother's funeral.
(d) To his favorite restaurant.
6. As Montgomery is talking to his mother at his family home he looks at his mother and notices something. What does he realize?
(a) She has gained weight.
(b) She has had a stroke.
(c) She has lost weight.
(d) She has gotten plastic surgery.
7. What does Montgomery buy at the hardware shop?
(a) A measuring tape and nails.
(b) Twine, brown paper, and a rope.
(c) A wrench, screwdriver and screws
(d) A chainsaw.
8. What happens in a crowded street as Anna is returning from taking her father to the hospital?
(a) She witnesses a murder.
(b) She is mugged.
(c) A car bomb goes off.
(d) She is carjacked.
9. How does the person who supplied the money for Montgomery's loan feel about not being paid back?
(a) Tells Montgomery not to worry about it.
(b) Unhappy and demands Montgomery get the money.
(c) Very understanding and gives Montgomery an extension.
(d) Furious with Montgomery.
10. What is the stable hand's name?
11. Where does Montgomery go because he enjoys the atmosphere when he arrives in Dublin?
(a) Wally's Pub.
(b) One of the local museums.
(c) His favorite restaurant, O'Toole's.
(d) A local coffee shop.
12. Where do Montgomery and his wife sail after their marriage?
(b) The Mediterranean.
13. What does Montgomery wonder about as he tells the court where he was?
(a) If his life was worth living.
(b) If he ruined his mother's life.
(c) If anyone cared about him anymore.
(d) Why he was even in jail.
14. What does Dorothy claim her relationship with the stable hand is?
(a) She says they have a strictly working relationship.
(b) She says she's like a son to her.
(c) She says they are best friends.
(d) She says they are lovers.
15. Why does Montgomery tease his mother with a drink?
(a) Because she has stopped drinking.
(b) Because he isn't supposed to drink.
(c) Because there isn't any more.
(d) Because he knows she hates when he drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the taxi driver take Montgomery when he leaves Whitewater?
2. Why can't Montgomery find a synonym for badness in the dictionary?
3. How does Montgomery describe his father's appearance?
4. What is Maolseachlainn's trick in the courtroom?
5. What does Montgomery first do with Charlie?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)