|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montgomery claim about his actions at the time he committed his crime?
(a) That he doesn't think he did anything wrong.
(b) That he knew exactly what he was doing.
(c) That he was disassociated from himself.
(d) That he never meant to do any of it.
2. How long has Montgomery been in jail before reaching this point in the trial?
(a) Two years.
(b) A year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six months.
3. Where does Montgomery have to go to get the money he owes?
(a) To his home.
(b) To his wife's family.
(c) To the bank.
(d) To his best friend's house.
4. Why can't Montgomery find a synonym for badness in the dictionary?
(a) None of the definitions made any sense to him.
(b) Badness wasn't in his dictionary.
(c) He doesn't like the idea of anything being bad.
(d) The synonyms were all too "judgemental."
5. What does Montgomery wonder about as he tells the court where he was?
(a) If he ruined his mother's life.
(b) Why he was even in jail.
(c) If his life was worth living.
(d) If anyone cared about him anymore.
6. Where does Montgomery wake up after a night of drinking?
(a) In his own bed.
(b) At Whitewater.
(c) At Coolgrange.
(d) At a motel.
7. Montgomery makes a side comment to the court expressing his surprise in something. What is he surprised about?
(a) The effort people are making to save him from jail.
(b) The continuous mentioning of paintings in his case.
(c) The things the witnesses are saying about him.
(d) The amount of evidence against him.
8. Who does Montgomery says his lawyer reminds him of?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) A boy he went to school with that did his homework for him.
(d) An old business partner.
9. Where does the taxi driver take Montgomery when he leaves Whitewater?
(a) To a local motel.
(b) To Coolgrange.
(c) To a place where his mother has lodgers.
(d) To the airport.
10. What has actually happened to these missing items?
(a) They were put into a vault.
(b) They were stolen in a robbery.
(c) They got burned in a fire.
(d) His mother sold them.
11. What does Maolseachlainn believe the fight between Montgomery and Dorothy was about?
(a) Montgomery not visiting enough.
(b) Montgomery being a drunk.
(c) Dorothy being a drunk.
12. What has Montgomery been doing to his mother and childhood home?
(a) He's been supporting her for years.
(b) He has been visiting regularly.
(c) He has hired a caretaker to take care of her needs.
(d) He's been taking money from her estate.
13. How do his mother and the stable hand react when he asks about the missing items?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) They act concerned about the disappearance also.
(c) They never realized the items were gone.
(d) They explain where they are calmly.
14. What happens when Montgomery does not repay his loan?
(a) Montgomery is arrested.
(b) Randolph's ear is chopped off and sent to Montgomery.
(c) Montgomery's child is kidnapped.
(d) Montgomery is kidnapped.
15. What happens in a crowded street as Anna is returning from taking her father to the hospital?
(a) A car bomb goes off.
(b) She is carjacked.
(c) She is mugged.
(d) She witnesses a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Montgomery do when he first sees Charlie French that surprises himself?
2. What is his mother's business venture since his father's death?
3. The day Montgomery goes to the hardware shop, he goes somewhere else instead of home. Where does he go?
4. What does Montgomery refer to Dun Laoghaire as?
5. What about the stable hand shocks Montgomery?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)