|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mother does Montgomery see his wife as?
(d) Neglectful and airheaded.
2. What does Montgomery realize has pulled him to Whitewater?
(a) The love of art.
(b) The love of Anna Behrens.
3. What happens when Montgomery does not repay his loan?
(a) Randolph's ear is chopped off and sent to Montgomery.
(b) Montgomery is arrested.
(c) Montgomery is kidnapped.
(d) Montgomery's child is kidnapped.
4. How does Montgomery refer to his wife when they meet?
(a) As the worst thing that ever happened to him.
(b) As a "sacrificial offering."
(c) As a gift from God.
(d) As the beginning of the end of this life.
5. Why does Montgomery claim he chose his profession?
(a) To make sense of the world.
(b) To travel the world.
(c) To become successful.
(d) To make a lot of money.
6. Who does Montgomery think of when he goes into the wine cellar?
(a) His wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His first girlfriend.
7. Who does Montgomery meet when he goes outside after his tour of the house?
(a) The gardener.
(b) The stable girl.
(c) His half sister.
(d) The new maid.
8. What do Montgomery and his father share?
(a) A love of education.
(b) A respect for their mothers.
(c) A distaste for sweets.
(d) A dislike for the world.
9. Where does Montgomery wake up after a night of drinking?
(a) At a motel.
(b) At Whitewater.
(c) In his own bed.
(d) At Coolgrange.
10. While Montgomery goes to get the money, where are his wife and child?
(a) They have to stay behind.
(b) They go into protective custody.
(c) They accompany him to get the money.
(d) They go on vacation and await Montgomery's return.
11. Why does Montgomery tease his mother with a drink?
(a) Because he knows she hates when he drinks.
(b) Because he isn't supposed to drink.
(c) Because she has stopped drinking.
(d) Because there isn't any more.
12. What is the name of Montgomery's mother?
(a) Margaret or Maggie.
(b) Dorothy or Dolly.
13. The day Montgomery goes to the hardware shop, he goes somewhere else instead of home. Where does he go?
(a) For a walk in the park.
(b) To a museum.
(c) A garage to buy a car.
14. What is Maolseachlainn's trick in the courtroom?
(a) He keeps asking questions multiple ways.
(b) He is very intimidating.
(c) He finds small details and uses them.
(d) He's very sarcastic.
15. What profession does Montgomery claim to have?
(a) He says he is an art dealer.
(b) He says he's a mechanic.
(c) He says he is a scientist.
(d) He says he is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the argument between Montgomery and his mother about the missing items bring up?
2. Where do Montgomery and his wife sail after their marriage?
3. How do people at the university feel about Montgomery?
4. Who does Montgomery introduce to the judge while trying to explain his actions the day of his crime?
5. Where does Montgomery attend school and meet his wife?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)