|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Section 2 (pages 138-148).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Montgomery reads the newspapers he thinks back to the day of the crime. What does he realize his victim was saying as he walked away?
(a) "Tommy, love."
(b) "Mammy, love."
(c) "Save me."
(d) "Help me."
2. The day Montgomery goes to the hardware shop, he goes somewhere else instead of home. Where does he go?
(a) A garage to buy a car.
(b) For a walk in the park.
(c) To a museum.
3. As Montgomery waits at the empty train station, what is he thinking?
(a) That he has nothing to be afraid of.
(b) That everyone knows what he's done.
(c) That any person who sees him is a potential witness.
(d) That he hasn't done anything wrong at all.
4. How does Charlie always like to think about himself in reference to Montgomery's family?
(a) As an old family friend.
(b) As a business partner with Montgomery's parents.
(c) As a neighbor.
(d) As just an acquaintance.
5. What is Montgomery afraid to do after he finds blood on his fingers?
(a) To call Coolgrange.
(b) To go home.
(c) To think about what he has done.
(d) To go back to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching Montgomery as he tries to wrap up the painting and stick it in the car?
2. What does Montgomery claim about his actions at the time he committed his crime?
3. Who is Helmut Behrens?
4. What happens in a crowded street as Anna is returning from taking her father to the hospital?
5. How does Montgomery view Charlie as he makes him breakfast?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)