|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does sunrise in the country make the narrator do?
2. What does the narrator say is a product of dreams, a copy of real life?
3. What does sunrise in the city make the narrator do?
4. Who helped the narrator get his job?
5. When does the narrator say he feels more like himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator notice about a bad lithograph? What does he compare it to and why?
2. When describing a sunset, what does the narrator wish he had and what makes him wish he had it?
3. What does the narrator say his job and his rented room represent?
4. Explain the narrator's transformation from his day job to his writing.
5. What does the narrator say about his imagination as it relates to life?
6. How does the narrator compare love to clothing?
7. Explain the narrator's statement that there are two types of artists.
8. What does the narrator advise about thinking about life?
9. What is the narrator's opinion of collective thought?
10. According to the narrator, what are undreamed dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the scope of a work of nonfiction. What is the scope of The Book of Disquiet?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term "sequence" as it applies to nonfiction books. Discuss the sequence of The Book of Disquiet.
Essay Topic 3
Define "fact," "theory," and "opinion." Explain why it is important to differentiate among the terms when reading nonfiction. Relate each term to a specific example in The Book of Disquiet.
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)