|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator credit for the idea of romantic love?
(d) Individual faith.
2. According to the narrator, what is it that people really love of other people?
(a) The lustitude of other people.
(b) The bodies of other people.
(c) The spirit of other people.
(d) Their concept of other people.
3. What does the narrator expect out of life?
(c) Great wealth.
4. What characteristic trait does the narrator believe he likes because he holds this characteristic in his own soul?
5. What does autumn remind the narrator?
(a) That winter is on its way.
(b) That summer is finally ending.
(c) That Halloween is near.
(d) That all things eventually die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason that the people in the narrator's office are forced to turn off the electrical lights at an unusual time?
2. What does the narrator believe people should groom the same way they groom their bodies?
3. Why doesn't the narrator do any evil deeds?
4. Where does the narrator spend his three-day vacation?
5. Where does the narrator's train trip take him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator's train trip take him? Why can't he recall any of the sights from his trip?
2. Why does the narrator say he anticipates upcoming events in life?
3. Why does the narrator say he writes with scenic description interspersed in his writing?
4. What is the narrator's opinion of collective thought?
5. Explain the narrator's transformation from his day job to his writing.
6. What does the narrator say about his imagination as it relates to life?
7. When describing a sunset, what does the narrator wish he had and what makes him wish he had it?
8. What correlation between Christianity and romanticism does the narrator make?
9. What advice does the narrator discuss for business managers?
10. What does it take, according to the narrator, for people to be acceptable the world's standards?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)