|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many types of artists does the narrator say there are?
2. Who does the narrator visit in the country?
(a) His mother.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A friend.
(d) An aunt.
3. According to the narrator, what is it that people really love of other people?
(a) The lustitude of other people.
(b) The spirit of other people.
(c) The bodies of other people.
(d) Their concept of other people.
4. What advice does the narrator have for business owners?
(a) Leave the labor to the professionals.
(b) Know how to do every aspect of your business.
(c) Hire a good bookkeeper.
5. What, in addition to dreaming, does the narrator say makes up his life?
Short Answer Questions
1. What complaint does the narrator make about the Tagus River in Section 79?
2. Where does the narrator's train trip take him?
3. The narrator says that other people live through their feelings. What does he say that he lives through?
4. The narrator says he does not need fast automobiles to understand what speed is like. How does he experience speed?
5. What does the narrator fancy himself to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does the narrator's train trip take him? Why can't he recall any of the sights from his trip?
2. What does the narrator say his job and his rented room represent?
3. When describing a sunset, what does the narrator wish he had and what makes him wish he had it?
4. According to the narrator, what are undreamed dreams?
5. What is the narrator's opinion of collective thought?
6. Explain the narrator's transformation from his day job to his writing.
7. What correlation between Christianity and romanticism does the narrator make?
8. Why does the narrator say he writes with scenic description interspersed in his writing?
9. How does the narrator define unconscious intelligence, and to what does he compare it?
10. What does the narrator say about the difference in sunrises between the city and country?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)