|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Abstracts.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the author die?
2. What does the narrator say causes him to be even more sensitive to the things of the world?
(a) Trying to break away from the intelligent people.
(b) Trying to fit in with the intelligent people.
(c) Trying to fit in with the common people.
(d) Trying to break away from the world.
3. Where does the narrator spend his three-day vacation?
(a) Fishing at a river.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) At the beach.
4. According to the narrator, what do all intelligent men believe about God?
(a) That there is one.
(b) That there is not one.
(c) That they are their own God.
(d) That there might be one.
5. What complaint does the narrator make about the Tagus River in Section 79?
(a) It has a bad smell.
(b) It is too narrow.
(c) It's natural beauty has been destroyed.
(d) People have turned it into recreation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator credit for the idea of romantic love?
2. Who, according to the narrator, is more seriously affected by tedium?
3. The narrator says that other people live through their feelings. What does he say that he lives through?
4. In Section 305, the narrator explains that he feeds off of others' thoughts, emotions, and experiences. What does he refer to himself as based on this description?
5. What does the narrator suggest may exist in several dimensions including space, the ego, and the ideal?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)