|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 437 - 455.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is a product of dreams, a copy of real life?
2. What sight makes the narrator wish he had the "gift of ruthless self-expression?"
3. What does the author advise people to do if they feel they must disclose information about themselves to others?
(b) Not to talk about family.
(c) Use a pseudonym.
(d) Don't discuss feelings.
4. Why does the narrator suggest that intelligent, sensitive people should remain as uneducated as possible?
(a) To fit in with the common people and be happy.
(b) Because everyone should strive to be common.
(c) Because they will never be appreciated by the common people.
(d) Because common people rule by majority.
5. Who, along with a particular poet, has helped the narrator perfect his vision of the world?
(a) His coworkers.
(b) His inner being.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says he belongs to a group that keeps distant from things. What word does he use to describe this distance?
2. How does the narrator refer to tedium?
3. Whose life is like a ball of tangled yarn?
4. What instrument did a girl who lived above the narrator play when she lived in the building?
5. Who does the narrator visit in the country?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)