|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 184 - 221.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real purpose of literature, according to the narrator?
(a) To entertain the masses.
(b) To give the writer a creative outlet.
(c) To inform.
(d) To entertain the highly educated elite.
2. What does the narrator call sensations that keep a person from thinking?
(a) Underdeveloped faith.
(b) Undreamed dreams.
(c) Overdreamed dreams.
(d) Overdeveloped faith.
3. What does the narrator believe about breaking the laws of grammar?
(a) It's okay sometimes.
(b) It's never okay.
(c) There should be no laws.
(d) They should all be rewritten by him.
4. Who is the narrator of The Book of Disquiet?
5. What is the narrator doing any time he is not interacting with people?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, what is the result of the disappearance of Christianity?
2. What does the narrator expect out of life?
3. The narrator says he belongs to a group that keeps distant from things. What word does he use to describe this distance?
4. The narrator says he does not need fast automobiles to understand what speed is like. How does he experience speed?
5. The narrator says he sometimes experiences a lapse of something. From what kind of lapse does he suffer?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)