|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 151 - 184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of The Book of Disquiet?
2. What makes man long for a father figure to guide him, according to the narrator?
(a) Human nature.
(d) Lack of religious upbringing.
3. In Section 76, the narrator envisions an actual machine being built to allow people to have what ability?
(a) The ability to read thoughts of others.
(b) The ability to determine the worth of potential friends.
(c) The ability for self-analysis.
(d) The ability to predict self-fulfillment.
4. What does the narrator's only sense of peace comes from reading?
(a) The New Testament.
(b) Psalms and Proverbs specifically.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The works of the Classical writers.
5. What does the narrator fancy himself to be?
(a) An infant.
(b) An actor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which people does the narrator describe as stupid, insensitive, and uptight?
2. What does the narrator say will contain little intelligence and much stupidity?
3. What, in addition to dreaming, does the narrator say makes up his life?
4. What is the subject of the lithograph that the narrator describes?
5. How does being around other people and talking with them make the narrator feel?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)