|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 151 - 184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition does the narrator seem to believe that all other people live in daily?
(a) Unconscious bravery.
(b) Unconscious stupor.
(c) Unconscious intelligence.
(d) Unconscious sleep.
2. What source does the author use frequently for the imagery of his descriptions and definitions?
(a) Literary terms.
(b) The dictionary.
(d) Religious terminology.
3. From which mode does the narrator usually experience things?
4. What does the narrator's only sense of peace comes from reading?
(a) The works of the Classical writers.
(b) Psalms and Proverbs specifically.
(c) The Old Testament.
(d) The New Testament.
5. What is the real purpose of literature, according to the narrator?
(a) To entertain the masses.
(b) To inform.
(c) To give the writer a creative outlet.
(d) To entertain the highly educated elite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator's boss?
2. According to the narrator, what is a cult not worthy of worship?
3. According to the narrator, what is the result of the disappearance of Christianity?
4. What further sickens the narrator about the common human beings?
5. At what unusual time are the people in the narrator's office forced to turn off the electrical lights?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)