|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 151 - 184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is necessary to become king of the world?
(a) A large inheritance.
(b) An active imagination.
(c) Good political pull.
(d) Lots of respect and money.
2. What does the narrator define as a phenomenon where a person is unaware of a flash of intelligence?
(a) Unconscious mind lightening.
(b) Unconscious intelligence.
(c) Unconscious stupor.
(d) Unconscious brain spark.
3. What does the narrator's only sense of peace comes from reading?
(a) Psalms and Proverbs specifically.
(b) The works of the Classical writers.
(c) The New Testament.
(d) The Old Testament.
4. What does the narrator believe people do because they are unable to change their own attitudes?
(b) Watch TV.
(d) Fall in love.
5. What does the narrator fancy himself to be?
(a) A painter.
(b) A writer.
(c) An infant.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What source does the author use frequently for the imagery of his descriptions and definitions?
2. What makes man long for a father figure to guide him, according to the narrator?
3. When does the narrator say he feels more like himself?
4. According to the narrator, what kind of man can keep outside influences from changing him?
5. How does the narrator describe his own face in a photo of him and his work associates?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)