|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 151 - 184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To live each day to its fullest, what does the narrator say one must do?
(a) Forget the previous day.
(b) Pick up where the previous day left off.
(c) Do one good deed more than the previous day.
(d) Recall the previous day.
2. According to the narrator, what kind of man can keep outside influences from changing him?
(a) A wise man.
(b) A thoughtful man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A gentleman.
3. What does the narrator believe people do because they are unable to change their own attitudes?
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Fall in love.
4. What complaint does the narrator make about the Tagus River in Section 79?
(a) It has a bad smell.
(b) People have turned it into recreation.
(c) It is too narrow.
(d) It's natural beauty has been destroyed.
5. Who does the narrator visit in the country?
(a) An aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) A friend.
(d) A cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the narrator, is better than any destination one could travel to see?
2. Who is the narrator's boss?
3. What makes man long for a father figure to guide him, according to the narrator?
4. How does being around other people and talking with them make the narrator feel?
5. What source does the author use frequently for the imagery of his descriptions and definitions?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)