|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 109 - 150.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is a product of dreams, a copy of real life?
2. To live each day to its fullest, what does the narrator say one must do?
(a) Forget the previous day.
(b) Pick up where the previous day left off.
(c) Do one good deed more than the previous day.
(d) Recall the previous day.
3. According to the narrator, what is a cult not worthy of worship?
4. In Section 76, the narrator envisions an actual machine being built to allow people to have what ability?
(a) The ability for self-analysis.
(b) The ability to predict self-fulfillment.
(c) The ability to read thoughts of others.
(d) The ability to determine the worth of potential friends.
5. What source does the author use frequently for the imagery of his descriptions and definitions?
(a) Literary terms.
(c) Religious terminology.
(d) The dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Book of Disquiet?
2. Who is the narrator's boss?
3. What is the narrator doing any time he is not interacting with people?
4. According to the narrator, what is the result of the disappearance of Christianity?
5. What, in addition to dreaming, does the narrator say makes up his life?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)