|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 437 - 455.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the narrator believe he is truly able to be himself?
(a) In church.
(b) At night.
(c) On stage.
(d) At the office.
2. Who, according to the narrator, is more seriously affected by tedium?
(a) People who work.
(b) People who are not religtious.
(c) People who don't work.
(d) People who are religious.
3. What characteristic trait does the narrator believe he likes because he holds this characteristic in his own soul?
4. What about the novels he reads makes the narrator cry?
(a) Novels that are more than 500 pages.
(b) The characters all seem so happy.
(c) He can't meet the characters in reality.
(d) He cannot change the characters to his own way of thinking.
5. How does the narrator multi-task?
(a) By dreaming while he works.
(b) By sleeping while he works.
(c) By being practical in his art.
(d) By writing while he works.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator believe is the only one who knows his heart?
2. Which of the narrator's poems does he like in the present day?
3. What does tedium seem to attack, according to the narrator?
4. Who is Omar Khayyám?
5. What sight makes the narrator wish he had the "gift of ruthless self-expression?"
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)