|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 382 - 436.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If reading is a way to dream, who actually guides that dream?
(a) The library.
(b) The book publisher.
(c) The reader.
(d) The book's author.
2. What is the writing style in which the writing seems to mimic the author's random thoughts?
(a) Stream of consciousness.
(b) FIrst person.
3. What poet has helped the narrator perfect his vision of the world?
4. Who is described as being stoic?
(a) The narrator's brother.
(b) The office boy.
5. Why does the narrator say poetry should be written by children?
(a) Because they understand meter.
(b) Because they have an honesty that cannot be duplicated.
(c) Because they have a natural rhythm.
(d) Because it is elementary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the narrator's poems does he like in the present day?
2. What advice does the narrator have for business owners?
3. What does the narrator say is a disease born from civilization?
4. Who, along with a particular poet, has helped the narrator perfect his vision of the world?
5. Why does the narrator say he believes animals are not happy?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)