|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who previously stayed in the three rooms Katherine is confined to in November 1541?
2. To whom does Katherine admit she didn't know what being queen meant?
3. What does Anne believe is souring England's prosperity?
4. Where has the man Norfolk intends to tempt Katherine with just returned from?
5. What does Francis remind Katherine of in August 1541?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the terms of the annulment of Henry and Anne's marriage?
2. What does the King worry about Anne's brother? How does Anne try to put his worries to rest?
3. What does Katherine think of her chances of getting pregnant by her husband? What does Anne warn Katherine about on this topic?
4. What will Henry give Anne as part of their marriage settlement? Why does Anne find this amusing?
5. What are Katherine's concerns about the people who will be questioned about her past?
6. For what reason does Jane tell Katherine not to say anything about her pregnancy to Culpepper?
7. What does Thomas Culpepper tell Katherine during their secret garden meeting?
8. What changes to the law are made to accommodate punishing Katherine and Jane?
9. Why doesn't Jane have to try very hard to encourage the affair between Katherine and Thomas Culpepper?
10. What is Anne accused of in February 1542?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of corruption in the novel. What are some examples of corruption in the novel? How do these examples affect the three women and Henry?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are some of the secondary characters? Are they based on real historical figures or are they fictitious creations? How do they impact the lives of the three women?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel, and what are the elements of this genre? What are some other titles of the same genre? What do these works have in common?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)