|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Henry to get out of his marriage to Anne?
2. What does Henry promise Katherine after learning she is pregnant?
3. According to Jane, why does Katherine cry at night?
4. What does Katherine fear when Henry refuses to see her when he is sick?
5. What does Henry tell Anne in his letter to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Henry promise Katherine after finding out she is pregnant?
2. When Jane speaks to Norfolk about the affair between the King's niece and Katherine's brother, what does she realize?
3. What does Norfolk tell Jane when she inquires about arranging her marriage?
4. What does Katherine think of her chances of getting pregnant by her husband? What does Anne warn Katherine about on this topic?
5. What will Henry give Anne as part of their marriage settlement? Why does Anne find this amusing?
6. What is Katherine accused of in November 1541?
7. For what reason does Jane tell Katherine not to say anything about her pregnancy to Culpepper?
8. Why is Anne afraid after Henry decides to end his marriage to Katherine?
9. What does Katherine see as she is being taken away to the Tower? What does she request for her room at the Tower?
10. What does Katherine begin to question about Jane in October 1541?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the King's court. What are some of the different positions in the court? What characters in the novel were part of the King's court? What makes Henry's court different than courts which came before and after?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of inaccuracies in the novel when one looks at history. Why might Gregory have chosen to change a few of the elements of the story? Does this benefit the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Katherine. What are her defining characteristics? Describe her background. What leads to Katherine's downfall? Is she to blame?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)