|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane do to try and appear crazy?
2. What does Jane reassure Katherine will make her life more pleasurable.
3. What does Thomas Culpepper tell Katherine during their secret garden meeting?
4. Who does Henry send ahead of the members of the court to the north?
5. After returning to court in June 1541, how does Henry embarrass Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katherine begin to question about Jane in October 1541?
2. Why is Anne afraid after Henry decides to end his marriage to Katherine?
3. When Jane speaks to Norfolk about the affair between the King's niece and Katherine's brother, what does she realize?
4. What will Henry give Anne as part of their marriage settlement? Why does Anne find this amusing?
5. What are the terms of the annulment of Henry and Anne's marriage?
6. Why doesn't Jane have to try very hard to encourage the affair between Katherine and Thomas Culpepper?
7. What does the King worry about Anne's brother? How does Anne try to put his worries to rest?
8. What does Norfolk tell Jane when she inquires about arranging her marriage?
9. What does Anne fear when Henry comes for dinner at Richmond in August 1540?
10. What is Katherine accused of in November 1541?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of love and romance. How does Henry's love for Katherine affect the fate of Anne? How does Katherine's love for Thomas Culpepper affect her own fate?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel. Who are the principle family members featured in the novel? Are these family members good or bad influences for Jane, Anne and Katherine. How do these figures direct the fates of the three women?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the marriage between Katherine and Henry. Why does Henry decide to marry Katherine? Is their marriage a happy one? Why does their marriage end? What were Katherine's true feelings for the King? Is Katherine a victim?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)