|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry give Katherine in April, 1540?
2. What do Katherine and Francis do which they classify as their "wedding"?
3. Where is Anne traveling to in December 1539?
4. Where is Anne imprisoned in June, 1540?
5. What is Jane's first impression of Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jane's first impression of Anne?
2. How might the King be able to declare his marriage contract to Anne invalid, and how will this affect Cromwell who planned the marriage?
3. What does the letter that Catherine gives Jane when they first meet say?
4. How does Henry's ill-fated marriage to Anne affect the advisers closest to him?
5. What does Anne learn from Lord Lisle about Cromwell when she first arrives in England?
6. Why does Katherine's grandmother sometimes talk about Anne Boleyn with Katherine? What does Katherine herself remember about Anne Boleyn?
7. Describe Anne's relationships with her family.
8. What excuses about the state of the King's marriage to Anne does the Duke consider while speaking with Jane?
9. What significant encounter takes place at a bull baiting event on December 31st, 1539?
10. What does Anne comment on in regard to her surroundings at Whitehall Palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Anne. What are her defining characteristics? Describe her background. How does she handle the new world that she experiences at Henry's court? Does she enjoy being Queen? How does she handle the end of her marriage? What happens to Anne after her marriage to Henry is over?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are some of the secondary characters? Are they based on real historical figures or are they fictitious creations? How do they impact the lives of the three women?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the conflicts of the novel. What are some examples of conflict in the novel? How do these conflicts involve and affect Jane, Anne, and Katherine? How are these conflicts resolved?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)