|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets knocked off his horse first at the tournament?
2. Where is the King's parliament?
3. Who is not allowed at court as of January, 1540?
4. According to Jane, why did Cromwell chose Anne to be Henry's queen?
5. Who is haunting Jane at Hampton Court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane tell the Duke about what she knows about Anne in February, 1540?
2. Describe Anne's relationships with her family.
3. What performance is being prepared for during the tournament in January, 1540?
4. What does the Duke want Jane to testify about Anne in June, 1540? Why does Jane not want to do this?
5. What does Anne come to find out about the circumstances of her marriage to Henry in June, 1540?
6. What information does a special ambassador bring to Anne in March, 1540? What information does he not bring?
7. What excuses about the state of the King's marriage to Anne does the Duke consider while speaking with Jane?
8. What is Anne's first impression of Calais castle?
9. Why do Henry and the Duke want to put an end to the King's marriage to Anne?
10. According to the Duke, what kind of wife is Henry looking for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel, Tudor England. What are some of the characteristics of this time period? How does this time period shape the novel? Is the novel an accurate portrayal of Tudor England?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Anne. What are her defining characteristics? Describe her background. How does she handle the new world that she experiences at Henry's court? Does she enjoy being Queen? How does she handle the end of her marriage? What happens to Anne after her marriage to Henry is over?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the tone of the novel. How does Gregory convey this tone? Does the tone change at any point in the novel? If so, what events prompt this change?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)