|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document is not delivered to court as Anne had requested in March, 1540?
2. According to Anne, why might the Seymours be able to get too much power?
3. Why is Anne confused by Jane's presence in December 1539?
4. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
5. Who arrives at court with messages from Anne's mother and brother in March, 1540?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Duke want Jane to testify about Anne in June, 1540? Why does Jane not want to do this?
2. Why do Henry and the Duke want to put an end to the King's marriage to Anne?
3. What is Anne doing with Henry on the 3rd of January, 1540?
4. How might the King be able to declare his marriage contract to Anne invalid, and how will this affect Cromwell who planned the marriage?
5. What do the Duke and Lady Rochford tell Katherine to do in March, 1540?
6. What will happen if Anne's betrothal release document is not found in due time?
7. What does Katherine think of Anne as the new queen?
8. What is Jane's first impression of Anne?
9. What information does a special ambassador bring to Anne in March, 1540? What information does he not bring?
10. How are Henry's children regarded in court as of January, 1540?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Does the ending stay true to the real historical events? Why might Gregory have chosen to end the story where she does?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of corruption in the novel. What are some examples of corruption in the novel? How do these examples affect the three women and Henry?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the setting of the novel, Tudor England. What are some of the characteristics of this time period? How does this time period shape the novel? Is the novel an accurate portrayal of Tudor England?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)