|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Katherine feel about the King's quick action to marry her?
2. What does Jane tell Katherine to stop her from telling Culpepper of her pregnancy?
(a) That Culpepper might expect Katherine to run away with him.
(b) That if anyone overheard her tell him, Culpepper would be killed.
(c) That it would make Culpepper lose interest in her.
(d) That he might challenge Henry when the child is born.
3. What is said to follow after a Tudor-Howard marriage?
4. What is the relationship between the King and Katherine's brother's lover?
(a) The woman is Henry's mistress.
(b) The woman is Henry's god daughter.
(c) The woman is Henry's niece.
(d) The woman is Henry's former lover.
5. Why doesn't Jane think she will be punished for her part in Katherine's affair?
(a) She has Norfolk's protection.
(b) She also encouraged Katherine to lie with the King.
(c) She has committed no crime herself.
(d) She was only following orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cranmer tell Jane will happen to her for participating in the Queen affair with Culpepper?
2. What does Katherine see as she is taken down the river in February 1542?
3. How does Katherine feel about Anne?
4. Who does Henry send ahead of the members of the court to the north?
5. How old is Margaret Pole when Henry has her executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Katherine accused of in November 1541?
2. What does Norfolk tell Jane when she inquires about arranging her marriage?
3. What does the King worry about Anne's brother? How does Anne try to put his worries to rest?
4. Why does Anne hesitate to accept Henry's invitation to go on with his court to the north in June 1541?
5. Why doesn't Jane have to try very hard to encourage the affair between Katherine and Thomas Culpepper?
6. What is Jane haunted by at the Tower?
7. What does Katherine begin to question about Jane in October 1541?
8. When Jane speaks to Norfolk about the affair between the King's niece and Katherine's brother, what does she realize?
9. What does Henry promise Katherine after finding out she is pregnant?
10. What does Ambassador Harst tell Anne the King is distressed by in Spring 1541?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)