|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the archbishop threaten Katherine with for her supposed crime?
(b) Life in exile.
(c) The scaffold.
2. What does Anne tell a lie about in her interview with the lords from the Privy Council?
(a) Her servants.
(b) Lady Mary.
(c) Her religious affiliations.
3. What do Anne's inquisitors tell her about the King's health?
(a) That he is losing his mind.
(b) That he has an ongoing cough.
(c) That his leg is painful.
(d) That he is impotent.
4. Who believes Katherine will bring status to her family?
(b) Katherine's grandmother.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
5. What does Henry promise Katherine after learning she is pregnant?
(a) A great coronation.
(b) A hundred new dresses.
(c) To build her a castle.
(d) Lavish gifts from around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jane taken in November 1541?
2. How does Katherine feel about the King's quick action to marry her?
3. What disappoints Katherine about her marriage ceremony?
4. What is Jane determined to do before she is punished for her part in Katherine's affair?
5. What does Anne warn Katherine not to speak of because it is treasonous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Henry give Anne as part of their marriage settlement? Why does Anne find this amusing?
2. What does the King worry about Anne's brother? How does Anne try to put his worries to rest?
3. What does Katherine see as she is being taken away to the Tower? What does she request for her room at the Tower?
4. What are the terms of the annulment of Henry and Anne's marriage?
5. When Jane speaks to Norfolk about the affair between the King's niece and Katherine's brother, what does she realize?
6. What disappoints Katherine about her marriage ceremony?
7. What does Anne fear when Henry comes for dinner at Richmond in August 1540?
8. What does Thomas Culpepper tell Katherine during their secret garden meeting?
9. Why does Anne hesitate to accept Henry's invitation to go on with his court to the north in June 1541?
10. What does Jane do to encourage Katherine and Thomas's affair in June 1541?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)