|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anne's inquisitors tell her about the King's health?
(a) That he has an ongoing cough.
(b) That his leg is painful.
(c) That he is impotent.
(d) That he is losing his mind.
2. What does Anne believe is souring England's prosperity?
(a) The King's hatred.
(b) Katherine's inability to give Henry an heir.
(c) The King's desire for wealth.
3. What is the aim of the rebels in the north around 1541?
(a) To have Anne reinstated as queen.
(b) To place a Plantagenet on the throne.
(c) To bring back the old religion.
(d) To pay less tax.
4. What colors does Katherine wear as she awaits the royal barge?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Black and royal purple.
(c) Black and Tudor green.
(d) Black and gold.
5. According to Jane, why does Katherine cry at night?
(a) With lust for Culpepper.
(b) With guilt for her affairs.
(c) With homesickness.
(d) With sadness for disappointing Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cranmer tell Jane will happen to her for participating in the Queen affair with Culpepper?
2. What crime does Norfolk tell Jane Culpepper is guilty of?
3. How many years after Katherine's death does Henry die himself?
4. Why does Katherine worry about certain Lambeth girls being questioned about her?
5. What does Jane realize in her interview with her interrogators?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Anne learn Henry has executed in May 1591, and why?
2. For what reason does Jane tell Katherine not to say anything about her pregnancy to Culpepper?
3. What does Katherine begin to question about Jane in October 1541?
4. What does the King worry about Anne's brother? How does Anne try to put his worries to rest?
5. What disappoints Katherine about her marriage ceremony?
6. What changes to the law are made to accommodate punishing Katherine and Jane?
7. What are the terms of the annulment of Henry and Anne's marriage?
8. What will Henry give Anne as part of their marriage settlement? Why does Anne find this amusing?
9. What action does Henry take against Katherine's brother and his lover, Lady Margaret Douglas?
10. What is Katherine accused of in November 1541?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)