|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Duke, what will Jane's reward be for lying in June, 1540?
(a) He will find her a husband.
(b) She will be Katherine's lady-in-waiting.
(c) She will get to keep her own house.
(d) She can return to living with her family.
2. Who is the stranger that kisses Anne on New Years Eve, 1539?
3. Who approaches Anne during the bull baiting event in 1539?
(a) A cloaked and hooded old man.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) A violent peasant.
(d) The Archbishop.
4. What does Anne wonder about Cromwell and Lord Lisle in January of 1540?
(a) Why they treat her so kindly.
(b) Their coldness towards her.
(c) Whether they have daughters at court.
(d) If they are plotting to kill her.
5. According to Anne, why might the Seymours be able to get too much power?
(a) Henry may marry another Seymour woman.
(b) Henry's only legitimate son is a Seymour.
(c) The Seymours keep acquiring land.
(d) Another Seymour has been appointed to the Privy Council.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Norfolk told Jane to do to save George's life in the past?
2. What is Cromwell appointed which does not sit well with Norfolk?
3. What castle overwhelms Anne in December 1539?
4. Who was Jane Boleyn once married to?
5. What is Katherine's relationship to Anne Boleyn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does a special ambassador bring to Anne in March, 1540? What information does he not bring?
2. What does Jane tell the Duke about what she knows about Anne in February, 1540?
3. What is Jane's first impression of Anne?
4. How does Jane describe the King on the 6th of January, 1540?
5. What does Anne come to find out about the circumstances of her marriage to Henry in June, 1540?
6. What does the Duke want Jane to testify about Anne in June, 1540? Why does Jane not want to do this?
7. What does Katherine think of Anne as the new queen?
8. What significant encounter takes place at a bull baiting event on December 31st, 1539?
9. What will happen if Anne's betrothal release document is not found in due time?
10. Why do Henry and the Duke want to put an end to the King's marriage to Anne?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)