|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Katherine and Francis do which they classify as their "wedding"?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They go out in public as a couple.
(c) They exchange rings.
(d) They have physical relations.
2. Who is Anne undressed in front of on the 6th of January, 1540?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The whole court.
(c) The King.
(d) Her ladies-in-waiting.
3. What document is not delivered to court as Anne had requested in March, 1540?
(a) The proof of her identity.
(b) A letter from her mother.
(c) The document that annulled her pre-contract.
(d) A copy of her father's will.
4. What is the title of Katherine's grandmother?
5. What does Henry give Katherine in April, 1540?
(a) Two estates.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) A portrait of himself.
(d) A title.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the king be disguised as for the tableau at the tournament?
2. What does Jane hurriedly go to tell the Duke in March, 1540?
3. What does Katherine pretend to enjoy on the 3rd of January, 1540?
4. Where do the King and Queen Anne go after their marriage ceremony?
5. Why is Katherine somewhat nervous about trying to attain the King's love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jane's first impression of Anne?
2. Why does the King want Jane to elicit a false confession from Anne in January of 1540?
3. What is Anne's opinion of England and its king in January, 1540?
4. What information does a special ambassador bring to Anne in March, 1540? What information does he not bring?
5. What do the Duke and Lady Rochford tell Katherine to do in March, 1540?
6. How does Jane describe the King on the 6th of January, 1540?
7. Why does Katherine's grandmother sometimes talk about Anne Boleyn with Katherine? What does Katherine herself remember about Anne Boleyn?
8. Describe Anne's relationships with her family.
9. What significant encounter takes place at a bull baiting event on December 31st, 1539?
10. What does Jane tell the Duke about what she knows about Anne in February, 1540?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)