|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cromwell appointed which does not sit well with Norfolk?
(a) Earl of Essex.
(b) Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) Earl of Leicester.
(d) Earl of Pembroke.
2. Why is Anne confused by Jane's presence in December 1539?
(a) Jane's reputation is tainted.
(b) Jane is a Boleyn.
(c) Jane is supposed to be at a convent.
(d) She thought Jane was ill.
3. Who is Count Overstein perturbed at on the 6th of January, 1540?
(b) King Henry.
(c) Anne's brother.
4. What does Anne note is down the river from Whitehall?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Anne Boleyn's childhood home.
(c) A great abbey.
(d) A cemetery.
5. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
(a) That Anne trusts her completely.
(b) That Anne is homesick.
(c) That Anne wants to be Queen.
(d) That Anne had a previous lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets knocked off his horse first at the tournament?
2. What does Catherine Carey give Jane when they first meet?
3. Where do the King and Queen Anne go after their marriage ceremony?
4. According to Anne, why might the Seymours be able to get too much power?
5. Why might leaving the throne empty be better than having Anne as Queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne learn from Lord Lisle about Cromwell when she first arrives in England?
2. What will happen if Anne's betrothal release document is not found in due time?
3. How might the King be able to declare his marriage contract to Anne invalid, and how will this affect Cromwell who planned the marriage?
4. What does Anne tell Jane that is rather surprising on the 3rd of January, 1540?
5. What do the Duke and Lady Rochford tell Katherine to do in March, 1540?
6. How are Henry's children regarded in court as of January, 1540?
7. What excuses about the state of the King's marriage to Anne does the Duke consider while speaking with Jane?
8. What is Anne doing with Henry on the 3rd of January, 1540?
9. Why does Katherine's grandmother sometimes talk about Anne Boleyn with Katherine? What does Katherine herself remember about Anne Boleyn?
10. What information does a special ambassador bring to Anne in March, 1540? What information does he not bring?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)