|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katherine afraid of in December 1539?
(a) The King.
(b) Dying a spinster.
(c) Her family becoming disgraced.
(d) Losing her looks.
2. Who approaches Anne during the bull baiting event in 1539?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(b) A violent peasant.
(c) A cloaked and hooded old man.
(d) The Archbishop.
3. What is the punishment for treason?
(b) Burning at the steak.
4. Who is the stranger that kisses Anne on New Years Eve, 1539?
5. What does Anne note is down the river from Whitehall?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) Anne Boleyn's childhood home.
(c) A great abbey.
(d) A cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Katherine and Francis do which they classify as their "wedding"?
2. Who arrives at court with messages from Anne's mother and brother in March, 1540?
3. What is Katherine's relationship to Anne Boleyn?
4. Why does Henry consider Anne a false queen?
5. What does the Duke want Jane to testify in June, 1540?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significant encounter takes place at a bull baiting event on December 31st, 1539?
2. Why does the King want Jane to elicit a false confession from Anne in January of 1540?
3. What do the Duke and Lady Rochford tell Katherine to do in March, 1540?
4. What performance is being prepared for during the tournament in January, 1540?
5. What does Jane tell the Duke about what she knows about Anne in February, 1540?
6. What does Anne comment on in regard to her surroundings at Whitehall Palace?
7. How might the King be able to declare his marriage contract to Anne invalid, and how will this affect Cromwell who planned the marriage?
8. What is Anne's opinion of England and its king in January, 1540?
9. What is Anne doing with Henry on the 3rd of January, 1540?
10. What happenings from her past does Jane remember while at Hampton Court?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)