|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the archbishop threaten Katherine with for her supposed crime?
(b) Life in exile.
(c) The scaffold.
2. After returning to court in June 1541, how does Henry embarrass Katherine?
(a) By pretending not to know her.
(b) With the condescending tone he takes when he speaks to her.
(c) By shouting at her for being barren.
(d) With his sexual overtures.
3. What does Anne tell a lie about in her interview with the lords from the Privy Council?
(b) Her religious affiliations.
(c) Her servants.
(d) Lady Mary.
4. Where has the man Norfolk intends to tempt Katherine with just returned from?
5. How old is Margaret Pole when Henry has her executed?
(a) Seventy years old.
(b) Forty-seven years old.
(c) Fifty-one years old.
(d) Sixty-five years old.
6. Who previously stayed in the three rooms Katherine is confined to in November 1541?
(a) Margaret Pole.
(b) Lady Margaret Douglas.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Catherine of Aragon.
7. How old is Katherine when she marries Henry?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Fifteen years old.
(d) Eighteen years old.
8. When Katherine is locked up, what does she think is happening?
(a) A game is being played.
(b) Henry is punishing her for losing her baby.
(c) Plague has broken out in the city.
(d) Henry has found out about her affair.
9. How does Princess Mary refer to herself and Anne?
(a) As the troubled twosome.
(b) As the country royals.
(c) As Henry's forgotten ones.
(d) As the royal spinsters.
10. Where does Anne expect to be sent?
(a) The Tower.
(b) To live in the country.
(c) Back to her family.
(d) To a convent.
11. According to Jane, why does Katherine cry at night?
(a) With guilt for her affairs.
(b) With homesickness.
(c) With lust for Culpepper.
(d) With sadness for disappointing Henry.
12. Where does Katherine's brother go in exile?
13. Who has Katherine's brother had an affair with?
(a) Catherine Carey.
(b) Arabella Stuart.
(c) Margaret Douglas.
(d) Mary Grey.
14. Why doesn't Jane think she will be punished for her part in Katherine's affair?
(a) She was only following orders.
(b) She has Norfolk's protection.
(c) She has committed no crime herself.
(d) She also encouraged Katherine to lie with the King.
15. What crime does Norfolk tell Jane Culpepper is guilty of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne regret losing herself to?
2. What does Jane realize in her interview with her interrogators?
3. As their relationship continues, where does Katherine agree to meet Culpepper?
4. What does Katherine see as she is taken down the river in February 1542?
5. What does Francis remind Katherine of in August 1541?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)