|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anne described as being an advocate for?
(a) Lady Elizabeth.
(c) The poor.
2. What disappoints Katherine about her marriage ceremony?
(a) That it is held in secret.
(b) The lack of pomp and formality.
(c) The people in attendance.
(d) That her grandmother isn't there.
3. What does Anne regret losing herself to?
(a) Political scheming.
(b) Her efforts to please the king.
(c) The demands of the courtiers.
(d) Her religious beliefs.
4. Who takes Katherine's possessions to return them to the King?
(a) Thomas Seymour.
(b) The Duke of Norfolk.
(c) Thomas Culpepper.
(d) Jane Boleyn.
5. How does Katherine feel about the King's quick action to marry her?
6. What does Henry tell Anne in his letter to her?
(a) That he has grown to love her.
(b) That all will be forgiven if Cleves will join him in war.
(c) That he expects her to return to Cleves immediately.
(d) That he wants an inquiry into the legality of their marriage.
7. What does the Duke often lecture Katherine about in 1540?
(a) Flaunting her religious beliefs.
(b) The importance of having a baby.
(c) Her propriety.
(d) Making suggestions about governing to the King.
8. Where does the King worry there may be an uprising in March 1541?
(a) In the south.
(b) In the north.
(c) In the east.
(d) In the west.
9. Where is Jane taken in November 1541?
(a) To her parents.
(b) To the Tower.
(c) To the castle dungeon.
(d) To a convent.
10. What does Katherine ask to have in her room at the Tower?
(a) An executioner's block.
(b) Some flowers.
(c) A bible.
(d) A looking glass.
11. How does Katherine expect the King will view her in their relationship?
(a) As a granddaughter figure.
(b) As an equal.
(c) As a daughter figure.
(d) As a sister figure.
12. Who believes Katherine will bring status to her family?
(b) Katherine's grandmother.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
13. Who does Norfolk promise to arrange Jane's marriage to if she ensures Katherine gets pregnant?
(a) A Scottish laird.
(b) A nobleman in Cornwall.
(c) A Spanish baron.
(d) A French count.
14. What does Anne warn Katherine not to speak of because it is treasonous?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) The King's impotency.
(c) The old religion.
(d) The King's politics.
15. Where does Katherine's brother go in exile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine fear when Henry refuses to see her when he is sick?
2. Who previously stayed in the three rooms Katherine is confined to in November 1541?
3. What opinion of Katherine does Jane share with the Duke?
4. How does Anne hope Henry will deal with Katherine when he ends their marriage?
5. After returning to court in June 1541, how does Henry embarrass Katherine?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)