|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Norfolk promise to arrange Jane's marriage to if she ensures Katherine gets pregnant?
(a) A Scottish laird.
(b) A French count.
(c) A nobleman in Cornwall.
(d) A Spanish baron.
2. What does Katherine see as she is taken down the river in February 1542?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Thomas's and Francis's heads on spikes.
(c) Smoke in the distance.
(d) Crowds shouting at her.
3. Who does Anne note Henry is guilty of murdering?
(a) Thousands of priests.
(b) One of his mistresses.
(c) Anyone who denies the legitimacy of his daughters.
(d) Hundreds of children.
4. What is the relationship between the King and Katherine's brother's lover?
(a) The woman is Henry's former lover.
(b) The woman is Henry's mistress.
(c) The woman is Henry's niece.
(d) The woman is Henry's god daughter.
5. Where is Katherine locked up after being accused of adultery?
(a) In an abbey.
(b) In the Tower.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In a floating barge.
6. What does Henry tell Anne in his letter to her?
(a) That all will be forgiven if Cleves will join him in war.
(b) That he wants an inquiry into the legality of their marriage.
(c) That he expects her to return to Cleves immediately.
(d) That he has grown to love her.
7. What is said to follow after a Tudor-Howard marriage?
8. What does Katherine fear when Henry refuses to see her when he is sick?
(a) That Henry is dying.
(b) That she is suspected of wrong doing.
(c) That Henry is tired of her.
(d) That Henry is plotting against her.
9. How old is Katherine when she marries Henry?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Eighteen years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
10. What does Anne like about her new life after her marriage is annulled?
(a) That she gets more respect now.
(b) Being back with her family.
(c) Not having servants around.
(d) Being in control of her own activities.
11. What is the King concerned Anne's brother might do because of their marriage annulment?
(a) Give financial support to the King's enemies.
(b) Force Anne to return to Cleves.
(c) Get Rome to go to war against England.
(d) Go back on the treaty he signed with England.
12. Where does Katherine's brother go in exile?
13. What does Anne tell a lie about in her interview with the lords from the Privy Council?
(a) Her religious affiliations.
(b) Lady Mary.
(d) Her servants.
14. Who is Anne described as being an advocate for?
(a) The poor.
(b) Lady Elizabeth.
15. Where does Anne expect to be sent?
(a) The Tower.
(b) Back to her family.
(c) To live in the country.
(d) To a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jane taken in November 1541?
2. What does Jane realize in her interview with her interrogators?
3. How many days did it take Henry to get out of his marriage to Anne?
4. As their relationship continues, where does Katherine agree to meet Culpepper?
5. What is Jane determined to do before she is punished for her part in Katherine's affair?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)