|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As their relationship continues, where does Katherine agree to meet Culpepper?
(a) At the evening's banquet.
(b) At a hunting lodge.
(c) In the privy garden.
(d) In his rooms.
2. What does one of Katherine's ladies suggest the King is missing?
(a) His children.
(b) His wife's company.
(c) Religious guidance.
3. What claim is made in order to have Henry's marriage to Anne annulled?
(a) That the priest who took their marriage vows was a fake.
(b) That Anne bewitched Henry with witchcraft.
(c) That Anne was already married.
(d) That Henry became impotent with Anne.
4. What does Jane do to try and appear crazy?
(a) Dresses up in her bedclothes.
(b) Laughs and skips.
(c) Talks to her hand.
(d) Shouts nonsense out her window.
5. Why doesn't Jane think she will be punished for her part in Katherine's affair?
(a) She has Norfolk's protection.
(b) She also encouraged Katherine to lie with the King.
(c) She was only following orders.
(d) She has committed no crime herself.
6. What is Henry's opinion of Thomas Culpepper?
(a) Henry distrusts Culpepper.
(b) Henry appreciates Culpepper's intelligence.
(c) Henry loves Culpepper.
(d) Henry considers Culpepper an enemy.
7. What sense does Katherine wish Dereham had been born with?
(a) The sense to shut up.
(b) The sense to let sleeping dogs lie.
(c) A sense for danger.
(d) A sense of humor.
8. What does Francis remind Katherine of in August 1541?
(a) That he is married.
(b) That she almost bore him a son.
(c) That even speaking to each other is dangerous.
(d) That they were married before God.
9. Which palace has the King gone to in November 1541?
(a) Lambeth Palace.
(b) Blenheim Palace.
(c) Oatlands Palace.
(d) Holyrood Palace.
10. Why does Katherine worry about certain Lambeth girls being questioned about her?
(a) They are jealous of her.
(b) They are happy to lie for their own amusement.
(c) She mistreated them when she found out she would marry the King.
(d) They would say anything for a trip to London.
11. How does Katherine feel about the King's quick action to marry her?
12. Who believes Katherine will bring status to her family?
(a) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) Katherine's grandmother.
13. Who has Katherine's brother had an affair with?
(a) Mary Grey.
(b) Margaret Douglas.
(c) Catherine Carey.
(d) Arabella Stuart.
14. How many years after Katherine's death does Henry die himself?
(a) Five years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twelve years.
15. Where is Katherine locked up after being accused of adultery?
(a) In her bedroom.
(b) In an abbey.
(c) In the Tower.
(d) In a floating barge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Katherine's brother go in exile?
2. What is said to follow after a Tudor-Howard marriage?
3. With the presence of Katherine's friends, what has happened to the royal court?
4. Who does Henry send ahead of the members of the court to the north?
5. How does Princess Mary refer to herself and Anne?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)