|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne's brother flare up when he hears that Anne shall be the next Queen of England?
(a) Anne's sister is a better choice for the King.
(b) He had wanted Anne to marry the French king.
(c) He reacts to the thought of Anne having physical relations with the King.
(d) He detests the King of England and his religious beliefs.
2. Who gets knocked off his horse first at the tournament?
(a) The King.
(b) Thomas Culpepper.
(c) Francis Dereham.
(d) Prince Edward.
3. How is Anne dressed when she meets Henry for dinner on the 3rd of January, 1540?
(a) For cold weather.
(b) In satin and her new sables.
(c) In a white silk gown.
(d) In a Tudor green, velvet dress.
4. Who was Jane Boleyn once married to?
(a) Henry Boleyn.
(b) Charles Boleyn.
(c) Arthur Boleyn.
(d) George Boleyn.
5. Where is the King's parliament?
(a) Lambeth Palace.
(b) The Castle at Hadleigh.
(c) Sandgate Castle.
(d) The Palace of Westminster.
6. When Anne sees the King, what does he look like to her?
(a) A vagrant.
(b) A god.
(c) A brute.
(d) Her own father.
7. What does Catherine Carey give Jane when they first meet?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A hair pin.
(d) An angry look.
8. What is Cromwell appointed which does not sit well with Norfolk?
(a) Earl of Pembroke.
(b) Earl of Essex.
(c) Earl of Leicester.
(d) Earl of Shrewsbury.
9. Who goes riding with Henry and Anne in March, 1540?
10. How is Katherine able to reject Francis in December 1539?
(a) Because she lets him catch her with another man.
(b) Because her grandmother falls ill.
(c) Because of an offer of marriage from a wealthier man.
(d) Because of an invitation to be a maid-in-waiting for the new queen.
11. Who might replace Cromwell if the marriage between Henry and Anne does not happen?
(a) The Duke of Sussex.
(b) The Duke of Kent.
(c) The Duke of Wessex.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
12. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
(a) That Anne is homesick.
(b) That Anne had a previous lover.
(c) That Anne trusts her completely.
(d) That Anne wants to be Queen.
13. Who is in charge of Anne's maids in waiting?
(a) Lady Browne.
(b) Lady Bowles.
(c) Lady Bourn.
(d) Lady Bolbeck.
14. Where does the court move in March, 1540?
(b) Hampton Court.
15. Which country does Anne's brother have a friendship with as of March, 1540?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major event takes place on the 6th of January, 1540?
2. Who does the Duke suggest is at fault for the King's marriage to Anne?
3. What will the king be disguised as for the tableau at the tournament?
4. What is Katherine appalled by on January 3, 1540?
5. What is the punishment for treason?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)