|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Duke of Norfolk and Jane admonish at Hampton Court in March, 1540?
(b) Margaret Douglas.
(c) Princess Mary.
(d) Elizabeth Tilney.
2. Who visits Henry at Whitehall Palace?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) The Archbishop of Canterbury.
(c) Princess Mary.
(d) Prince Edward.
3. How is Katherine able to reject Francis in December 1539?
(a) Because her grandmother falls ill.
(b) Because she lets him catch her with another man.
(c) Because of an invitation to be a maid-in-waiting for the new queen.
(d) Because of an offer of marriage from a wealthier man.
4. According to the Duke, what will Jane's reward be for lying in June, 1540?
(a) She can return to living with her family.
(b) She will be Katherine's lady-in-waiting.
(c) She will get to keep her own house.
(d) He will find her a husband.
5. What does Anne hope that the King will choose her to be at the beginning of the novel?
(a) His queen.
(b) His mistress.
(c) His fool.
(d) His children's governess.
6. What does Jane hurriedly go to tell the Duke in March, 1540?
(a) That the King's enemies are organizing.
(b) That the king is impotent.
(c) That she has discovered Anne has a lover.
(d) That Anne is pregnant.
7. What is the punishment for treason?
(a) Burning at the steak.
8. What does Anne wonder about Cromwell and Lord Lisle in January of 1540?
(a) Their coldness towards her.
(b) Why they treat her so kindly.
(c) Whether they have daughters at court.
(d) If they are plotting to kill her.
9. How does Anne feel while sitting in her royal box at the tournament?
(a) Out of place.
10. Why is the alliance with Cleves no longer as crucial as of February, 1540?
(a) The King discovered Cleves had lied about its army's strength.
(b) Cleves is suffering a drought.
(c) France may side with England against Spain.
(d) The heir to the French throne has died.
11. Whose wife disappears in June, 1540?
(a) Lord Lincoln's.
(b) Lord Longford's.
(c) Lord Lisle's.
(d) Lord Lytton's.
12. Why is Anne confused by Jane's presence in December 1539?
(a) Jane's reputation is tainted.
(b) Jane is supposed to be at a convent.
(c) She thought Jane was ill.
(d) Jane is a Boleyn.
13. What is the title of Katherine's grandmother?
14. Who is Anne undressed in front of on the 6th of January, 1540?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The whole court.
(c) The King.
(d) Her ladies-in-waiting.
15. What does Jane tell Norfolk about Anne's marriage to the King in March, 1540?
(a) That it is not legal.
(b) That it is not recognized in Cleves.
(c) That they have not consummated the marriage.
(d) That Henry wants to end it immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry call Anne in April, 1540?
2. Where do the King and Queen Anne go after their marriage ceremony?
3. Who goes riding with Henry and Anne in March, 1540?
4. Why does Henry consider Anne a false queen?
5. Which country does Anne's brother have a friendship with as of March, 1540?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)