|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the punishment for treason?
(b) Burning at the steak.
2. Who does the Duke suggest is at fault for the King's marriage to Anne?
(a) The Duke of York.
3. Who goes riding with Henry and Anne in March, 1540?
4. Who gets knocked off his horse first at the tournament?
(a) Thomas Culpepper.
(b) The King.
(c) Prince Edward.
(d) Francis Dereham.
5. What does Catherine Carey give Jane when they first meet?
(a) A letter.
(b) An angry look.
(c) A book.
(d) A hair pin.
6. What is Katherine afraid of in December 1539?
(a) Dying a spinster.
(b) Losing her looks.
(c) The King.
(d) Her family becoming disgraced.
7. How is the cause of the King's impotency explained in 1540?
(a) Old age.
(c) God's disapproval of Anne.
8. What major event takes place on the 6th of January, 1540?
(a) Henry's son Edward dies.
(b) Henry and Anne marry.
(c) France declares war on Spain.
(d) A rebellion occurs in the north.
9. What do Katherine and Francis do which they classify as their "wedding"?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They have physical relations.
(c) They exchange rings.
(d) They go out in public as a couple.
10. Who is the mother of Catherine Carey?
(a) Anne Boleyn.
(b) Mary Tudor.
(c) Mary Boleyn.
(d) Anne of Cleves.
11. What castle overwhelms Anne in December 1539?
(a) Bedford Castle.
(b) Calais Castle.
(c) Newbury Castle.
(d) Ely Castle.
12. Where is the King's parliament?
(a) The Palace of Westminster.
(b) Sandgate Castle.
(c) Lambeth Palace.
(d) The Castle at Hadleigh.
13. What had Norfolk told Jane to do to save George's life in the past?
(a) Say George was insane.
(b) Speak against Anne.
(c) Pretend to be with child.
(d) Throw herself at the King's feet.
14. What kind of queen would Katherine prefer over Anne?
(a) A religiously devout queen.
(b) A kind, docile queen.
(c) A merry or silly queen.
(d) A strict, commanding queen.
15. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
(a) That Anne is homesick.
(b) That Anne wants to be Queen.
(c) That Anne had a previous lover.
(d) That Anne trusts her completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne spend her first night in England doing?
2. Who visits Henry at Whitehall Palace?
3. According to Jane, why does Anne try not to arouse the king?
4. Who approaches Anne during the bull baiting event in 1539?
5. What does the ambassador's letter to Anne's brother say in June, 1540?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)