|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes riding with Henry and Anne in March, 1540?
2. Who does the Duke suggest is at fault for the King's marriage to Anne?
(a) The Duke of York.
3. What does Anne spend her first night in England doing?
(a) Being served and waited upon in a regimental way.
(b) Dancing and playing with her maids.
(c) Fighting off the King's advances.
(d) Hiding in her bedroom.
4. Who is the stranger that kisses Anne on New Years Eve, 1539?
5. Who is not allowed at court as of January, 1540?
(a) People born outside of England.
(b) Prince Edward.
(c) Princess Elizabeth.
(d) Jane Boleyn.
6. What does Katherine pretend to enjoy on the 3rd of January, 1540?
(a) Riding horses.
(b) The King's favorite music.
(c) Looking at paintings.
7. According to Jane, why does Anne try not to arouse the king?
(a) Because she wants him to take a mistress.
(b) Because she is still a virgin.
(c) Because she does not want to have children.
(d) Because she dislikes the King.
8. What does Jane tell Norfolk about Anne's marriage to the King in March, 1540?
(a) That they have not consummated the marriage.
(b) That it is not legal.
(c) That Henry wants to end it immediately.
(d) That it is not recognized in Cleves.
9. What is Katherine appalled by on January 3, 1540?
(a) How unfashionable her court clothes are.
(b) How old the people in the court are.
(c) That Anne rarely invites the King to her bed.
(d) That none of the courtiers pay any attention to her.
10. What does Anne note is down the river from Whitehall?
(a) A cemetery.
(b) A great abbey.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Anne Boleyn's childhood home.
11. Where is the King's parliament?
(a) The Palace of Westminster.
(b) Sandgate Castle.
(c) The Castle at Hadleigh.
(d) Lambeth Palace.
12. What is Cromwell appointed which does not sit well with Norfolk?
(a) Earl of Essex.
(b) Earl of Shrewsbury.
(c) Earl of Leicester.
(d) Earl of Pembroke.
13. What does Anne hope that the King will choose her to be at the beginning of the novel?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His fool.
(c) His children's governess.
(d) His queen.
14. Who approaches Anne during the bull baiting event in 1539?
(a) The Archbishop.
(b) A violent peasant.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) A cloaked and hooded old man.
15. What is Cromwell's relationship to the King?
(a) He is the King's friend.
(b) He is the King's cousin.
(c) He is the King's enemy.
(d) He is the King's advisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of queen would Katherine prefer over Anne?
2. What is the title of Katherine's grandmother?
3. What does the ambassador's letter to Anne's brother say in June, 1540?
4. What does Henry call Anne in April, 1540?
5. What does Catherine Carey give Jane when they first meet?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)