|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the King and Queen Anne go after their marriage ceremony?
(a) To a church service in Anne's honor.
(b) On a trip to Ludlow Castle.
(c) To a party thrown by Anne's family.
(d) To the marriage chamber.
2. Why might the Cleves men be held hostage in three months?
(a) If the betrothal release document is not produced.
(b) If Anne's dowry is not paid in full.
(c) If Cleves sides with the French on the battlefield.
(d) If they do not renounce Catholicism.
3. How is Anne dressed when she meets Henry for dinner on the 3rd of January, 1540?
(a) In satin and her new sables.
(b) In a white silk gown.
(c) In a Tudor green, velvet dress.
(d) For cold weather.
4. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
(a) That Anne wants to be Queen.
(b) That Anne trusts her completely.
(c) That Anne had a previous lover.
(d) That Anne is homesick.
5. Why does Henry consider Anne a false queen?
(a) Because she is not English.
(b) Because she was pre-contracted.
(c) Because she refuses the English way of life.
(d) Because she does not share his bed.
6. What does Anne wonder about Cromwell and Lord Lisle in January of 1540?
(a) Why they treat her so kindly.
(b) Whether they have daughters at court.
(c) If they are plotting to kill her.
(d) Their coldness towards her.
7. What does Jane tell Norfolk about Anne's marriage to the King in March, 1540?
(a) That they have not consummated the marriage.
(b) That it is not recognized in Cleves.
(c) That it is not legal.
(d) That Henry wants to end it immediately.
8. What is Cromwell appointed which does not sit well with Norfolk?
(a) Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) Earl of Pembroke.
(c) Earl of Essex.
(d) Earl of Leicester.
9. According to Jane, why does Anne try not to arouse the king?
(a) Because she wants him to take a mistress.
(b) Because she does not want to have children.
(c) Because she dislikes the King.
(d) Because she is still a virgin.
10. Who goes riding with Henry and Anne in March, 1540?
11. Where is Anne imprisoned in June, 1540?
(a) In her own home.
(b) At an abbey.
(c) At Hever Castle.
(d) In The Tower.
12. What will the king be disguised as for the tableau at the tournament?
(a) A cerebus.
(b) A pauper.
(d) A sea knight.
13. Where does Anne meet Henry for dinner on the 3rd of January, 1540?
(a) On a barge.
(b) In the great hall.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the castle gardens.
14. Why does Katherine's grandmother sometimes make reference to Anne Boleyn?
(a) As a reminder to naughty girls like Katherine.
(b) As an illustration of the King's cruelty.
(c) Because she still grieves for Anne.
(d) To taunt Jane Boleyn.
15. What does Anne note is down the river from Whitehall?
(a) Anne Boleyn's childhood home.
(b) A great abbey.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) A cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the document that proves Anne's annulment to an earlier betrothal?
2. Who does the Duke suggest is at fault for the King's marriage to Anne?
3. What castle overwhelms Anne in December 1539?
4. What is Katherine afraid of in December 1539?
5. What is the punishment for treason?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)