|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 202 - 225.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, why does Anne try not to arouse the king?
(a) Because she wants him to take a mistress.
(b) Because she dislikes the King.
(c) Because she does not want to have children.
(d) Because she is still a virgin.
2. What disappoints Katherine about Anne when they first meet?
(a) That Anne speaks English with an accent.
(b) That Anne is quiet and shy.
(c) That Anne's clothes is not fashionable.
(d) That Anne refuses to give her maids gifts and favors.
3. What is Katherine appalled by on January 3, 1540?
(a) How old the people in the court are.
(b) How unfashionable her court clothes are.
(c) That none of the courtiers pay any attention to her.
(d) That Anne rarely invites the King to her bed.
4. What is Cromwell appointed which does not sit well with Norfolk?
(a) Earl of Shrewsbury.
(b) Earl of Essex.
(c) Earl of Leicester.
(d) Earl of Pembroke.
5. Why does the court move to Whitehall Palace in January, 1540?
(a) To commemorate the opening of the palace.
(b) For a week long wedding celebration.
(c) So the King can do business with the Lords in the area.
(d) To avoid an outbreak of plague in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katherine somewhat nervous about trying to attain the King's love?
2. Where is the king's character from in the tableau at the tournament?
3. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
4. Why could Cromwell be charged with heresy?
5. What document is not delivered to court as Anne had requested in March, 1540?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)