|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 159 - 176.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the young ladies playing in the tableau at the tournament?
2. What major event takes place on the 6th of January, 1540?
(a) France declares war on Spain.
(b) Henry's son Edward dies.
(c) Henry and Anne marry.
(d) A rebellion occurs in the north.
3. What disappoints Katherine about Anne when they first meet?
(a) That Anne is quiet and shy.
(b) That Anne refuses to give her maids gifts and favors.
(c) That Anne's clothes is not fashionable.
(d) That Anne speaks English with an accent.
4. How is Anne dressed when she meets Henry for dinner on the 3rd of January, 1540?
(a) In satin and her new sables.
(b) In a Tudor green, velvet dress.
(c) In a white silk gown.
(d) For cold weather.
5. What does Anne wonder about Cromwell and Lord Lisle in January of 1540?
(a) Their coldness towards her.
(b) If they are plotting to kill her.
(c) Why they treat her so kindly.
(d) Whether they have daughters at court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Katherine's grandmother sometimes make reference to Anne Boleyn?
2. Who is the stranger that kisses Anne on New Years Eve, 1539?
3. How is Katherine able to reject Francis in December 1539?
4. What does Anne hope that the King will choose her to be at the beginning of the novel?
5. What does Jane tell the Duke about Anne in February, 1540?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)