|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 82 - 95.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine Carey give Jane when they first meet?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book.
(c) A hair pin.
(d) An angry look.
2. What is Cromwell's relationship to the King?
(a) He is the King's friend.
(b) He is the King's cousin.
(c) He is the King's enemy.
(d) He is the King's advisor.
3. What does Anne hope that the King will choose her to be at the beginning of the novel?
(a) His children's governess.
(b) His fool.
(c) His queen.
(d) His mistress.
4. How is Katherine able to reject Francis in December 1539?
(a) Because her grandmother falls ill.
(b) Because of an invitation to be a maid-in-waiting for the new queen.
(c) Because she lets him catch her with another man.
(d) Because of an offer of marriage from a wealthier man.
5. Where is Anne traveling to in December 1539?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katherine practice for her uncle's visit on page 50?
2. What is Katherine afraid of in December 1539?
3. Who is the stranger that kisses Anne on New Years Eve, 1539?
4. What does Anne spend her first night in England doing?
5. What is Jane's first impression of Anne?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)