|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 414 - 430.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane warn Katherine about her brother's affair?
(a) That it has made the King look as though he can't control his own family.
(b) That it is dangerous for Katherine to admit she knew about it.
(c) That if the King finds out he will force them to marry.
(d) That the King will blame Katherine for it.
2. After returning to court in June 1541, how does Henry embarrass Katherine?
(a) By pretending not to know her.
(b) With the condescending tone he takes when he speaks to her.
(c) With his sexual overtures.
(d) By shouting at her for being barren.
3. Where is the document that proves Anne's annulment to an earlier betrothal?
(a) Lost at sea.
(b) Buried with a murdered messenger.
(c) In the records room at Cleves.
(d) Hidden by Cromwell.
4. What does Katherine pretend to enjoy on the 3rd of January, 1540?
(b) Looking at paintings.
(c) The King's favorite music.
(d) Riding horses.
5. Who might replace Cromwell if the marriage between Henry and Anne does not happen?
(a) The Duke of Wessex.
(b) The Duke of Sussex.
(c) The Duke of Norfolk.
(d) The Duke of Kent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine realize about her new suitors on the 3rd of January, 1540?
2. What is said to follow after a Tudor-Howard marriage?
3. Who is in the midst of avoiding a betrothal in January, 1540?
4. Who does Henry send ahead of the members of the court to the north?
5. According to the Duke, what will Jane's reward be for lying in June, 1540?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)