|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ship did Mowat dream he was sailing?
(a) The Queen Anne.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Queen Elizabeth.
(d) The Queen Mary II.
2. What symbiotic relationship did Mowat and Clarie witness while on their excursion on the Columbier?
(a) That between the rats and the residents.
(b) That between the puffins and the rats.
(c) That between the puffins and the residents.
(d) That between the dogs and the puffins.
3. What did Paulo mount to the bow of his boat?
(a) A brass bell taken from Theo's house.
(b) A brass cannon taken from the governor's house.
(c) A brass hammer taken from Paulo's father.
(d) A brass candelabra taken from the mayor's house.
4. What was the new name given to the Happy Adventure?
(a) Itchegoomi Alai.
(b) Itchizooma, Alai.
(c) Itchiandscratchi Alai.
(d) Itchatchozale Alai.
5. What island did Mowat and Jack choose as their new destination?
(a) The island of St. Pierre.
(b) The island of Maui.
(c) The island of Wahini.
(d) The island of Key West.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing did Mowat do to Itchy over the winter?
2. What did Mowat encounter while he was under water repairing the propeller?
3. What did Mowat step on in the middle of the night aboard the Happy Adventure?
4. How does a helmsman push the tiller to steer the boat?
5. What kinds of things did Mowat have done to the Happy Adventure while they were in Spoon Cove?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what point did Mike Donovan leave the Itchy and why? How did he feel about separating from the boat and her crew?
2. What plan did Mowat, Mike, Theo, and the others devise to redecorate the Itchy for her christening? Why did they come up with this plan?
3. Who was Blanche? What story did Paulo relate to Mowat about Blanche?
4. Who was Paulo? Where and how did Mowat meet him? What did he do for the Happy Adventure?
5. When Jack went below to listen to the radio and help establish where they were, what did he learn from the radio news? What did they decide to do about their predicament?
6. What did McClelland learn when he called his office from Burin Cove? How did his plans change after the phone call? What promise did he make to Mowat after the call?
7. Who attended the private christening ceremony of the Happy Adventure? What happened at the ceremony that was of interest?
8. On their way to St. Pierre, what sea creatures did Mowat and Donovan encounter? What large sea creature did the men think might capsize their boat? What was it, actually?
9. After finding safe harbor for the night, who did Mowat and McClelland meet when they woke in the morning? What did the their unexpected visitor offer the two men?
10. Chapter 16 is titled "The Game Is Played." What was the game? Who played the game?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)