|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the crew decide to sail the boat after her christening?
(a) To Marinetta.
(b) To Milan.
(c) To Moscovia.
(d) To Miquelon.
2. What were some of the new colors painted on to the Happy Adventure?
(a) Black, white red, and yellow.
(b) Black, red, yellow, and green.
(c) Black, red, orange, and green.
(d) Black, white green, and yellow.
3. Why did the Happy Adventure become a Basque ship while moored at St. Pierre?
(a) Because Mowat had no official Newfoundland papers for the ship.
(b) Because Mowat sold the boat to Theo when he was drunk one night.`
(c) Because Mowat and Mike liked the colorful flags of the Basque mercantile marine.
(d) Because the chef was confused and thought it was a Basque ship.
4. What was the new name given to the Happy Adventure?
(a) Itchegoomi Alai.
(b) Itchiandscratchi Alai.
(c) Itchatchozale Alai.
(d) Itchizooma, Alai.
5. Who stayed with the Itchy while Claire and Mowat took their excursion with Theo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What important thing did Mowat do to Itchy over the winter?
2. Where did Jack hid his rum bottles?
3. What does barking do to the fish nets?
4. Why did Jack McClelland decide not to join Mowat for another season of sailing?
5. How did Mowat and Mike meet the Manuel brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Oregon? How did Theo help save the Oregon?
2. Why did Mowat finally give up his plan to sail the Atlantic?
3. Who was Blanche? What story did Paulo relate to Mowat about Blanche?
4. What surprise did Mowat and Mike find when they retired below the ship to sleep? Who had given the men this surprise, and what did Mowat do with the gift?
5. Who decided how the Happy Adventure was to be painted after her overhaul at Paulo's harbor? What colors were chosen for the boat? Who oversaw the painting of the boat?
6. Who attended the private christening ceremony of the Happy Adventure? What happened at the ceremony that was of interest?
7. What was the Happy Adventure's new name after her christening? What did Mowat and Mike decide to call her for short? Why?
8. When sailing aboard the Happy Adventure toward their chosen destination, who did Mowat and Jack meet in St Mary's Bay, and what did they learn at that moment?
9. When did Mike Donovan arrive to stay on the Happy Adventure? What was unusual about what Mike brought with him on the trip? What did he contribute?
10. On their way to St. Pierre, what sea creatures did Mowat and Donovan encounter? What large sea creature did the men think might capsize their boat? What was it, actually?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)