|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mowat step on in the middle of the night aboard the Happy Adventure?
(a) Blanche sleeping.
(b) A swarm of beetles.
(c) Theo sleeping.
(d) A box of live crabs.
2. What did Mike and Mowat learn was really the cargo aboard their boat?
(a) Crates filled with cement.
(b) Crates filled with rocks.
(c) Crates filled with sand.
(d) Crates filled with alcohol.
3. What did the three men Mowat left in charge of the Itchy do rather than tend to the boat?
(a) They left town and sold Itchy to a stranger.
(b) They paid two young boys to watch over the boat.
(c) They argued over who would be in command of the boat's watch.
(d) They sailed Itchy to Muddy Hole.
4. What was the new name given to the Happy Adventure?
(a) Itchegoomi Alai.
(b) Itchatchozale Alai.
(c) Itchiandscratchi Alai.
(d) Itchizooma, Alai.
5. How does a helmsman push the tiller to steer the boat?
(a) To the left to turn left.
(b) To the right to turn right.
(c) In the opposite direction he wants to go.
(d) In the same direction he wants to go.
6. How did Mowat and Mike meet the Manuel brothers?
(a) The brothers were walking on the pier.
(b) The brothers came onto their ship in the harbor.
(c) The brothers robbed Mowat and Mike.
(d) The brothers were at the christening party.
7. What did the Moulton boys catch while fishing in the pond beyond the harbor?
(b) Speckled trout.
(c) Well-fed cod.
8. What ship did Mowat dream he was sailing?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Queen Anne.
(d) The Queen Mary II.
9. Who did Mike and Mowat encounter in the fog while drifting in the Atlantic?
(a) The ship Blue Iris.
(b) The ship Brown Bear.
(c) The ship Crimson Tide.
(d) The ship Black Night.
10. What was one important thing the Itchy lacked?
(a) Toilet facilties.
(b) A water pump.
(c) A two way radio.
(d) A kitchen.
11. What are rounders?
(a) Little cod that are marinaded in rum.
(b) Pieces of cod that are formed into balls and fried.
(c) Little cod that are sundried in the round.
(d) Cod that has been pressed into large balls and boiled.
12. Who stayed with the Itchy while Claire and Mowat took their excursion with Theo?
13. What island did Mowat and Jack choose as their new destination?
(a) The island of St. Pierre.
(b) The island of Wahini.
(c) The island of Key West.
(d) The island of Maui.
14. What symbiotic relationship did Mowat and Clarie witness while on their excursion on the Columbier?
(a) That between the dogs and the puffins.
(b) That between the puffins and the rats.
(c) That between the puffins and the residents.
(d) That between the rats and the residents.
15. Where did Mowat and Claire decide to sail after they left the French waters outside of St. Pierre?
(a) Cape May.
(b) Cape Breton.
(c) Cape Gerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who presided over the formal baptism of the newly repaired and painted Happy Adventure?
2. When did Claire arrive in St Pierre?
3. What promise did John Smallwood make to his people when he took office?
4. How far away from Trepassey Harbor was the Happy Adventure's new destination?
5. What kinds of things did Mowat have done to the Happy Adventure while they were in Spoon Cove?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)