|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing did Mowat do to Itchy over the winter?
(a) Put in electricity.
(b) Painted her green.
(c) Changed her name.
(d) Added new cabins below deck.
2. What happened when Mowat and Mike returned to the Happy Adventure after their celebration?
(a) They fell into the water.
(b) They could not find the boat.
(c) They forgot where they had left the boat.
(d) They were robbed on the wharf.
3. What was one important thing the Itchy lacked?
(a) A water pump.
(b) Toilet facilties.
(c) A kitchen.
(d) A two way radio.
4. In what vehicle did Mike Donovan arrive in Spoon Cove?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Volkswagen.
(c) A Buick convertible.
(d) A jeep.
5. What are rounders?
(a) Little cod that are marinaded in rum.
(b) Cod that has been pressed into large balls and boiled.
(c) Little cod that are sundried in the round.
(d) Pieces of cod that are formed into balls and fried.
6. Why did Jack McClelland decide not to join Mowat for another season of sailing?
(a) His family and friends forbade it.
(b) He was no longer interested in sailing.
(c) He was moving to Seattle.
(d) He had taken ill over the winter.
7. At the rate of their travel, how long did Mowat figure it would take the men to reach the Caribbean?
(a) Four months.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Sixteen months.
(d) Thirteen weeks.
8. Where did Mowat and Claire leave Itchy for the winter?
(a) Muddy Hole.
(b) Cape Breton.
(c) St Pierre.
9. What did it mean to "slap a blanket on the schooner?"
(a) Give the boat a ticket.
(b) Cover the boat for the winter.
(c) Arrest the boat.
(d) Take the boat to the nearest salvage yard.
10. What was Theo's boat named after?
(a) The state of Oregon.
(b) The WWI plane the Oregon.
(c) Oregon, Michigan.
(d) The WWII ship the Oregon.
11. Who did Mowat hire to watch Itchy for the winter months?
(a) Theo, Paulo, and Martin.
(b) Theo and Mike.
(c) Mike, Paulo, and Pablo.
(d) Theo, Pablo, and Ranger.
12. What was rotting beneath the floorboards of the cabin of the boat?
13. What broke on the Happy Adventure as she continued to sail out into the ocean?
(a) The engine refused to restart.
(b) The mast broke off of the ship.
(c) The engine flooded and gave out.
(d) The exhaust stack separated from the engine.
14. Who was Martin Dutin, and what was his job during the repainting of the Happy Adventure?
(a) He was the ship's painter and the cook.
(b) He was the craftsman who rebuild the ship before painting.
(c) He was Theo's son-in-law and the Chef de Protocol.
(d) He was the fisherman who came from Grand Bruit.
15. Who stayed with the Itchy while Claire and Mowat took their excursion with Theo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack do at Burin Cove?
2. What island did Mowat and Jack choose as their new destination?
3. What was Mike Donovan's job on the mainland?
4. Who gave a gala reception at L'Escal?
5. Who was Blanche?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)