|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the Windsor family operated for generations?
(a) A whaling factory.
(b) A motel and inn.
(c) A bar and restaurant.
(d) A fish cannery.
2. What did it mean to "slap a blanket on the schooner?"
(a) Give the boat a ticket.
(b) Take the boat to the nearest salvage yard.
(c) Arrest the boat.
(d) Cover the boat for the winter.
3. How much did Mowat pay for the boat he bought outside of Muddy Hole?
(a) Less than two hundred dollars.
(b) Less than a thousand dollars.
(c) Less than five hundred dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
4. What did the Happy Adventure come within fifty yards of hitting in the fog?
(a) A fishing boat.
(b) A whale.
(c) A schooner.
(d) An oceanliner.
5. Where did the crew decide to sail the boat after her christening?
(a) To Miquelon.
(b) To Marinetta.
(c) To Moscovia.
(d) To Milan.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mowat, Claire and Albert entered the port area around Montreal, what ship did they see?
2. Where did the Happy Adventure stop after her first day of the trip to Montreal?
3. What broke on the Happy Adventure as she continued to sail out into the ocean?
4. What news did Jack hear when he went below to listen to the weather report?
5. Who did Mowat say Theo resembled?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)