|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the original name for Mowat and Jack's boat?
(a) The name was lost in the records of the ship.
(b) The Nancy Ann.
(c) The Ever Ready.
(d) The Hallohans never gave the boat a name.
2. Who was the Old Man of the Sea?
(a) A poem by Tennyson.
(b) The mythical sailor who liked a glass of rum.
(c) The name of the boat sailing next to Happy Adventure.
(d) A book by Ernest Hemmingway.
3. What overtook the men and their ship before reaching Trepassey Harbor?
(a) The fog.
(c) A rain storm.
4. What are fish flakes?
(a) Fish that has been cured.
(b) Racks for drying fish.
(c) Fish food.
(d) Scales from fish that fall to the ground.
5. What did Mowat refer to as the most salient quality of Newfoundlanders?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from Trepassey Harbor was the Happy Adventure's new destination?
2. Who did Mowat credit as being a master improviser?
3. Who was Mike Donovan?
4. What kinds of things did Passion Flower carry back to Muddy Hole from St. Shotts?
5. What had the Windsor family operated for generations?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)