|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Morry's transcription of his memories of Ferryland?
(a) Someone stole the book from the boat.
(b) He destroyed it after writing it.
(c) Morry lost the book when he moved.
(d) Children used it to start a bonfire.
2. Who was Martin Dutin, and what was his job during the repainting of the Happy Adventure?
(a) He was the craftsman who rebuild the ship before painting.
(b) He was the fisherman who came from Grand Bruit.
(c) He was Theo's son-in-law and the Chef de Protocol.
(d) He was the ship's painter and the cook.
3. What are fish flakes?
(a) Fish that has been cured.
(b) Racks for drying fish.
(c) Scales from fish that fall to the ground.
(d) Fish food.
4. When was the engine aboard Mowat's boat built?
(a) In the 1960s.
(b) In the 1920s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1940s.
5. How did Mowat find a boat maker in Muddy Hole?
(a) The Hallohan brothers recommended him.
(b) Mowat called a friend in Toronto.
(c) McClelland knew a boat maker.
(d) Horwood recommended him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Mowat to arrive in St. John's?
2. How did Jack, Mowat, and their friends christen the Happy Adventure?
3. Why did Mowat and Jack decide they had to reach Little Burin Island?
4. Why did the Happy Adventure become a Basque ship while moored at St. Pierre?
5. How far did Mowat get the first day of his journey back to Muddy Hole?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)