|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mowat say was missing from the peaceful harbor scene in Muddy Hole?
(a) The neighborhood bar.
(b) His repaired ship.
(c) Enos's boathouse.
(d) One of the piers.
2. What broke on the Happy Adventure as she continued to sail out into the ocean?
(a) The engine refused to restart.
(b) The exhaust stack separated from the engine.
(c) The engine flooded and gave out.
(d) The mast broke off of the ship.
3. What did Mowat get on the shopping day in St. John's?
(a) Lumber for repairing the boat.
(b) A box of nails.
(c) Six bottles of rum.
(d) An anchor and rope.
4. Why did Jack McClelland not arrive in St. John's by plane as he had planned?
(a) He decided he wanted to come by boat.
(b) There were mechanical problems on the plane.
(c) The fog was too dense.
(d) A hurricane was whipping up.
5. What did Enos always do at times of stress?
(a) Prayed aloud.
(b) Took out his teeth.
(c) Whistled a sailor's tune.
(d) Cursed the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack drive his car into upon arriving at Muddy Hole?
2. What was considered bad luck at the start of a voyage?
3. When was the engine aboard Mowat's boat built?
4. What overtook the men and their ship before reaching Trepassey Harbor?
5. What was the Black Joke?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)