|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mowat cook while living on the boat?
(a) With a gasoline stove.
(b) With an hibachi.
(c) With a bonfire.
(d) With a grill.
2. What did Mowat get on the shopping day in St. John's?
(a) An anchor and rope.
(b) A box of nails.
(c) Six bottles of rum.
(d) Lumber for repairing the boat.
3. What did Mowat say was missing from the peaceful harbor scene in Muddy Hole?
(a) His repaired ship.
(b) Enos's boathouse.
(c) The neighborhood bar.
(d) One of the piers.
4. What colors were painted on Enos's house?
(a) Yellow, green, and white.
(b) Orange, blue, and yellow.
(c) Puce, yellow, and red.
(d) Blue, white, and green.
5. What kind of fish did Morry and Mowat fish for early one morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mowat refer to as the most salient quality of Newfoundlanders?
2. What was the original name for Mowat and Jack's boat?
3. What did the American capitalist Cyrus Eaton welcome to Pugwash every year?
4. What was considered one of the toughest woods in the world?
5. What was the original name given to Ferryland?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)