|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mike Donovan?
(a) The skilled navigator of a government boat.
(b) The Director of Provincial Library Services in St John's.
(c) The engine repair man Mowat found to fix the boat's engine.
(d) The man who originally built the Happy Adventure.
2. Who was the Man Who Gets Things Done?
(a) Farley Mowat.
(b) Mark Horwood.
(c) Paddy Hallohan.
(d) Jack McClelland.
3. Who was Peter Easton?
(a) A captain in the Royal Navy who rose to the rank of General in WWII.
(b) A captain in the Royal Navy who led the fleet into battle in the Pacific.
(c) A captain in the Royal Navy who fought the Britisih in the War of 1812.
(d) A captiain in the Royal Navy who became one of the most famous pirates of all time.
4. What kinds of things did Passion Flower carry back to Muddy Hole from St. Shotts?
(a) Rope, an anchor, and food.
(b) Nails, hammers, lumber, and saws.
(c) Portlights, bronze, and brass fittings.
(d) Food, fittings, and a case of rum.
5. What did the American capitalist Cyrus Eaton welcome to Pugwash every year?
(a) The Seamen's Conference.
(b) The Whalers' Weekend.
(c) The Thinkers' Conference.
(d) The Fishermen's Meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered one of the toughest woods in the world?
2. What color was the boat Mowat purchased from the Hallohans?
3. What was considered bad luck at the start of a voyage?
4. How many daughters did Enos Coffin have?
5. What colors were painted on Enos's house?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)