|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Jack unable to get a clerk to wait on him in the stores in St. John's?
(a) Because Jack was overdressed for the town.
(b) Because it was socially demeaning for a clerk to wait on a customer.
(c) Because all of the stores were self-service.
(d) Because it was socially improper to wait on a foreigner.
2. How did Mowat describe the water leaking into his boat?
(a) It came in up through the bottom of the boat.
(b) It came in through the hole on the sdie of the boat.
(c) It came in through the bow of the boat.
(d) It came thorugh every pore of the boat.
3. How many days did it take Mowat to arrive in St. John's?
(a) Five days.
(b) Three days.
(c) A week.
(d) Ten days.
4. What is screech?
(a) The kind of bird native to Newfoundland.
(b) The name of the boat Horwood found for Mowat.
(c) A locally made breakfast food.
(d) A rum based drink found only in Newfoundland.
5. What did Mowat say was missing from the peaceful harbor scene in Muddy Hole?
(a) The neighborhood bar.
(b) Enos's boathouse.
(c) One of the piers.
(d) His repaired ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mowat cook while living on the boat?
2. What did Jack drive his car into upon arriving at Muddy Hole?
3. Who was Jennie Barnes?
4. What was called the Country of the Masterless Men?
5. What kind of plant pumped its waste into the water at the slip in which Mowat's boat rested?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)