|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the passage across Newfoundland?
(a) Nine hundred and fifty miles.
(b) Three thousand miles.
(c) Five hundred and fifty miles.
(d) Two thousand miles.
2. What happened to Morry's transcription of his memories of Ferryland?
(a) Morry lost the book when he moved.
(b) Children used it to start a bonfire.
(c) He destroyed it after writing it.
(d) Someone stole the book from the boat.
3. What kind of plant pumped its waste into the water at the slip in which Mowat's boat rested?
(a) A rubber plant.
(b) A fish plant.
(c) A cereal factory.
(d) A shoe factory.
4. How far did Mowat get the first day of his journey back to Muddy Hole?
(a) 650 miles to outside Quebec City.
(b) 600 miles to Toronto.
(c) 550 miles to the St Lawrence River.
(d) 500 miles to St. John's.
5. What was called the Country of the Masterless Men?
(a) The interior of the peninsula.
(b) The northern mountains.
(c) The southern mointains.
(d) The center of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the boat Mowat purchased from the Hallohans?
2. What kind of car did Jack rent in St John's to drive to Muddy Hole?
3. Who did Wilbur say he was when Mowat first met him?
4. What is screech?
5. What was the Passion Flower?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)