|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the boat Mowat purchased from the Hallohans?
(a) Blue and white.
(b) A deep black.
(c) A vile color green.
2. What boat pulled up next to Mowat and Jack as they were sailing naked on the Happy Adventure?
(a) A boat filled with fishermen.
(b) A military police boat.
(c) An ocean liner.
(d) A sightseeing boat filled with tourists.
3. What did Enos lose when he went into the woods to hunt caribou?
(a) He shot his foot.
(b) He lost his glasses.
(c) He got lost.
(d) He slept at home.
4. How did Jack, Mowat, and their friends christen the Happy Adventure?
(a) They took her out in the bay and drank a toast.
(b) They hit the bow with a bottle of rum.
(c) They sat in her cabin and toasted their new boat.
(d) They went into town and bought drinks for everyone in the bar.
5. Why did Jack McClelland decide not to join Mowat for another season of sailing?
(a) He was moving to Seattle.
(b) His family and friends forbade it.
(c) He had taken ill over the winter.
(d) He was no longer interested in sailing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was there a celebration in the Montreal harbor?
2. Who was the Man Who Gets Things Done?
3. What is screech?
4. What was the St. Eugene?
5. How long was the passage across Newfoundland?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)