|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the major crop on the Southern Shore of Newfoundland?
2. What did Mowat refer to as the most salient quality of Newfoundlanders?
3. Who did Mowat find cooking breakfast for him the morning after his first day's driving?
(a) An off duty police officer.
(b) A local pig farmer.
(c) A college roommate.
(d) A total stranger.
4. How far did Mowat get the first day of his journey back to Muddy Hole?
(a) 500 miles to St. John's.
(b) 650 miles to outside Quebec City.
(c) 550 miles to the St Lawrence River.
(d) 600 miles to Toronto.
5. How did Jack, Mowat, and their friends christen the Happy Adventure?
(a) They took her out in the bay and drank a toast.
(b) They sat in her cabin and toasted their new boat.
(c) They hit the bow with a bottle of rum.
(d) They went into town and bought drinks for everyone in the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Mowat think was an excellent choice for the pilot of their ship?
2. What colors were painted on Enos's house?
3. What did Mowat get on the shopping day in St. John's?
4. What was the original name for Mowat and Jack's boat?
5. What came special delivery to Mowat and Jack as they worked on their broken boat engine?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)