|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last thing did the old skipper do for Mowat and Jack before leaving the Harbor?
(a) Taught them how to repair a sail.
(b) Told them to leave the Harbor as soon as they could.
(c) Taught them how to use a compass.
(d) Told them the story of the Harbor.
2. Who was the Man Who Gets Things Done?
(a) Mark Horwood.
(b) Jack McClelland.
(c) Farley Mowat.
(d) Paddy Hallohan.
3. What was unusual about the bunks Enos built in the boat?
(a) They were slanted and splintery.
(b) They were comfortable.
(c) They were slanted and soft.
(d) They were hard and short.
4. What did Mowat say was "by guess and by God?"
(a) The boat's wooden structure.
(b) The boat's compassless navigation.
(c) The boat's leaking bow.
(d) The weather on their first sail.
5. When was the engine aboard Mowat's boat built?
(a) In the 1940s.
(b) In the 1920s.
(c) In the 1950s.
(d) In the 1960s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the William Carson?
2. What was the original name given to Ferryland?
3. Who did Mowat find cooking breakfast for him the morning after his first day's driving?
4. What kind of plant pumped its waste into the water at the slip in which Mowat's boat rested?
5. What colors were painted on Enos's house?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)