|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Mowat pay for the boat he bought outside of Muddy Hole?
(a) Less than five hundred dollars.
(b) A thousand dollars.
(c) Less than a thousand dollars.
(d) Less than two hundred dollars.
2. Who was the Old Man of the Sea?
(a) The name of the boat sailing next to Happy Adventure.
(b) A book by Ernest Hemmingway.
(c) The mythical sailor who liked a glass of rum.
(d) A poem by Tennyson.
3. How many daughters did Enos Coffin have?
4. What was unusual about the bunks Enos built in the boat?
(a) They were comfortable.
(b) They were hard and short.
(c) They were slanted and soft.
(d) They were slanted and splintery.
5. What kind of car did Jack rent in St John's to drive to Muddy Hole?
(a) A red Hummer.
(b) A red covertible.
(c) A red jeep.
(d) A red Continental.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overtook the men and their ship before reaching Trepassey Harbor?
2. How did Mowat cook while living on the boat?
3. What did Mowat say was missing from the peaceful harbor scene in Muddy Hole?
4. What was the Passion Flower?
5. Who was Peter Easton?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)