|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Old Man of the Sea?
(a) The name of the boat sailing next to Happy Adventure.
(b) A poem by Tennyson.
(c) A book by Ernest Hemmingway.
(d) The mythical sailor who liked a glass of rum.
2. What came special delivery to Mowat and Jack as they worked on their broken boat engine?
(a) Parts for the repair and bottles of rum.
(b) A new engine and directions.
(c) Parts for the repair and a map of the seas.
(d) A manual on repairs and spare parts.
3. What was the last name of many of the young boys who wanted to help Mowat with the Happy Adventure?
4. What was Mike Donovan's job on the mainland?
(a) He was a master boat builder.
(b) He was as assistant librarian.
(c) He was a missionary.
(d) He was the Director of Libraries.
5. What was the major crop on the Southern Shore of Newfoundland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Enos always do at times of stress?
2. Who did Mowat think was an excellent choice for the pilot of their ship?
3. What did Mowat get on the shopping day in St. John's?
4. What did Mike say when he emerged form the freezing cold water in the harbor?
5. What did Mike and Mowat find as they were out in open waters heading to Lemaline Head?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)