|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jack, Mowat, and their friends christen the Happy Adventure?
(a) They sat in her cabin and toasted their new boat.
(b) They went into town and bought drinks for everyone in the bar.
(c) They hit the bow with a bottle of rum.
(d) They took her out in the bay and drank a toast.
2. How does a helmsman push the tiller to steer the boat?
(a) To the left to turn left.
(b) To the right to turn right.
(c) In the same direction he wants to go.
(d) In the opposite direction he wants to go.
3. For what port did Mowat and Mike take sail for their first travels together on the Happy Adventure?
(a) Spoon Cove, 30 miles away.
(b) St. Pierre, 50 miles away.
(c) Muddy Hole, 90 miles away.
(d) St. John's, 100 miles away.
4. What was Theo's boat named after?
(a) The state of Oregon.
(b) The WWII ship the Oregon.
(c) The WWI plane the Oregon.
(d) Oregon, Michigan.
5. What did Mike say when he emerged form the freezing cold water in the harbor?
(a) "Wouldn't that be a silly boat for this schooner?"
(b) "Wouldn't that be a fine rig for swimmin' in the rain?"
(c) "Wouldn't that be great in the summer?"
(d) "Wouldn't that be a poor boat to sail in?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cape Pine?
2. What was rotting beneath the floorboards of the cabin of the boat?
3. Why did Mowat and Jack decide they had to reach Little Burin Island?
4. What did Mowat step on in the middle of the night aboard the Happy Adventure?
5. What did Mike and Mowat learn was really the cargo aboard their boat?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)