• Mowat began his story by describing going to an auction with his father when he was a child.
• His father bought bee hives and bee equipment because he got carried away.
• Years later, the same thing happened to Mowat, only instead of bees he purchased boating equipment.
• Mowat decided to become a sailor and talked to his friend Jack McClelland about buying a boat together.
• The two men decided to go to Newfoundland and buy a boat.
• In May, Mowat took off for St John's in Newfoundland and met Harold Hardwood.
• Hardwood agreed to help Mowat find a suitable boat.
• Mowat explained he had only one thousand dollars for a boat, and after two days Harold found a boat owned by the Hallohan brothers.
• Mowat went to look at the boat but the fog was too thick.
• Instead he got drunk with the men and bought...
This section contains 2,560 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)