|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of lotion does Claudia say the girls from places like Mobile and Aiken use in Part III?
(c) Best Value.
2. Which of the prostitutes in town does Mrs. MacTeer say is a “ruined” woman?
(a) Maginot Line.
(b) Miss Julia.
(c) Miss Forrester.
(d) Miss Delia Jones.
3. What is Maureen Peal said to have “even bought and liked” in Part III?
(a) White flour.
(b) White rice.
(c) White bread.
(d) White milk.
4. Geraldine lives with her family next to the playground of what school, according to the narrator in Part III?
(a) Washington Irving School.
(b) George Washington Irving School.
(c) Benjamin Franklin School.
(d) Abraham Lincoln School.
5. Mr. Henry tells Claudia and Frieda that the prostitutes who just left were what in Part III?
(a) Members of his Bible class.
(b) Undercover police women.
(c) Spies for a foreign government.
(d) School teachers.
6. What does the narrator say Aunt Jimmy died of in Part IV?
(a) Brain cancer.
(c) Drinking whiskey.
(d) Peach cobbler.
7. Who is described as a “competent midwife and decisive diagnostician” during Aunt Jimmy’s illness in Part IV?
(a) Mrs. Dunion.
(b) Maginot Line.
(d) Miss Forrester.
8. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they “learn how to do the white man's work with” what, in Part III?
9. Where did Cholly’s mother abandon him when he was four days old?
(a) By the railroad.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) By church steps.
(d) At an orphanage.
10. What do Claudia and Frieda hope to get from Pecola in Part IV?
11. In describing Pecola’s mother in Part IV, the narrator says, “Holding Cholly as a model of sin and failure, she bore him like a crown of thorns, and her children like” what?
(a) “An ark.”
(b) “A gown.”
(c) “A lamb.”
(d) “A cross.”
12. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they “hold their behind in for fear of a sway too” what, in Part III?
13. The narrator says in Part IV, “But to find out the truth about how dreams die, one should never take the word” of whom?
(a) “The waker.”
(b) “The subject.”
(c) “The dreamer.”
(d) “The analyst.”
14. What does Pecola say Maginot Line’s real name is in Part IV?
(a) Miss Lineman.
(b) Miss Marie.
(c) Miss Julie.
(d) Miss Louis.
15. How did Pauline Williams injure her foot when she was young?
(a) She stepped on a rusty nail.
(b) She kicked a door.
(c) She fell down the stairs.
(d) A dog bit her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When describing the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken, Claudia says in Part III that they go to what kind of colleges?
2. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they study “music to soothe” whom in Part III?
3. What movie star does Claudia say “smiled down at us” from the Dreamland Theater in Part III?
4. When describing the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken, Claudia says in Part III, “They do not drink, smoke, or swear, and they still call sex” what?
5. Where does Frieda say she’s going to get potato chips while Claudia goes to buy ice cream with the money Mr. Henry gave them in Part III?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)