|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frieda say she’s going to get potato chips while Claudia goes to buy ice cream with the money Mr. Henry gave them in Part III?
(a) Miss Erkmeister’s.
(b) Miss Bertha's.
(c) Miss Julie's.
(d) Miss Forrester's.
2. What does the little girl call Mrs. Breedlove at the house where Mrs. Breedlove works in Part IV?
3. What were the baby twin siblings of Pauline Williams called, according to the narrator in Part IV?
(a) Biscuits and Gravy.
(b) Coffee and muffins.
(c) Chicken and Pie.
(d) Fish and chips.
4. What does Mrs. MacTeer say “ate up” the prostitutes named China and Poland in Part IV?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Drinking whiskey.
(c) Quitting school.
5. What game did Geraldine’s son “long to play with the black boys,” according to the narrator in Part III?
(b) “King of the Mountain.”
(c) “Red Rover.”
6. What does the narrator say Aunt Jimmy died of in Part IV?
(b) Brain cancer.
(c) Drinking whiskey.
(d) Peach cobbler.
7. What kind of lotion does Claudia say the girls from places like Mobile and Aiken use in Part III?
(c) Best Value.
8. In speaking of Cholly, Mrs. Breedlove says in Part IV, “I started to leave him once, but something came up. Once, after he tried to” do what?
(a) “Drown himself.”
(b) “Light the house on fire.”
(c) “Hang himself.”
(d) “Shoot himself.”
9. Who came running out with his gun during the conflict with Mr. Henry in Part IV?
(a) Mr. Henry.
(b) Mr. Buford.
(c) Mr. Yacobowski.
(d) Mr. Villanucci.
10. What did Frieda’s father throw at Mr. Henry, knocking him off the porch, in Part IV?
(a) A chair.
(b) An axe.
(c) A glass bowl.
(d) A tricycle.
11. What were the names of Pauline Williams’s parents?
(a) Beth and Forrest Williams.
(b) Ada and Fowler Williams.
(c) Pauline and Frederick Williams.
(d) Connie and Franklin Williams.
12. How many years of school did Pauline Williams attend?
13. When describing the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken, Claudia says in Part III, “They do not drink, smoke, or swear, and they still call sex” what?
(b) “The horizontal hustle.”
(c) “Layin’ Down.”
14. Which of the prostitutes in Part III is described as “thin, aging, absentminded, and unaggressive”?
(a) Miss Marie.
(c) Maginot Line.
15. How does Pecola’s mother describe Pecola when she was born in Part IV?
Short Answer Questions
1. Maureen tells Claudia, Pecola and Frieda that her uncle sued which ice cream company in Part III?
2. When describing the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken, Claudia says in Part III that they go to what kind of colleges?
3. The “competent midwife and decisive diagnostician” tells Aunt Jimmy to drink nothing but what when she is ill in Part IV?
4. What do Claudia and Frieda hope to get from Pecola in Part IV?
5. What neighbor told Mrs. MacTeer that Frieda should be taken to the doctor after the run-in with Mr. Henry in case she was “ruined” in Part IV?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)