|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the baby twin siblings of Pauline Williams called, according to the narrator in Part IV?
(a) Fish and chips.
(b) Biscuits and Gravy.
(c) Chicken and Pie.
(d) Coffee and muffins.
2. What is Maureen Peal said to have “even bought and liked” in Part III?
(a) White rice.
(b) White milk.
(c) White flour.
(d) White bread.
3. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they study “music to soothe” whom in Part III?
(a) “The elderly.”
(b) “The weary master.”
(c) “The proud parents.”
(d) “Newborn babies.”
4. How does Pecola’s mother describe Pecola when she was born in Part IV?
5. Who is the gym teacher that Maureen describes as bow-legged in Part III?
(a) Miss Erkmeister.
(b) Miss Forrester.
(c) Miss Peal.
(d) Miss Cain.
6. Maureen tells Claudia, Pecola and Frieda that her uncle sued which ice cream company in Part III?
(a) Blue Bunny.
7. The narrator says in Part IV, “But to find out the truth about how dreams die, one should never take the word” of whom?
(a) “The waker.”
(b) “The dreamer.”
(c) “The subject.”
(d) “The analyst.”
8. Which of the prostitutes with Mr. Henry in Part III is described as “the one church women never allowed their eyes to rest on”?
(a) Maginot Line.
(d) Miss Bertha.
9. According to the narrator in Part III, Geraldine did not allow her son to do what?
10. Who came running out with his gun during the conflict with Mr. Henry in Part IV?
(a) Mr. Henry.
(b) Mr. Buford.
(c) Mr. Yacobowski.
(d) Mr. Villanucci.
11. Who came and said that Frieda’s father was going to jail, causing Frieda to punch her in Part IV?
(c) Miss Buford.
12. Where does Pecola say the prostitute Poland is going to take her to see the Loop in Part IV?
13. Which of the prostitutes in town does Mrs. MacTeer say is a “ruined” woman?
(a) Miss Julia.
(b) Miss Delia Jones.
(c) Miss Forrester.
(d) Maginot Line.
14. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they acquire skills in order to get rid of “the funkiness” of what?
15. According to Frieda in Part III, Mrs. Cain told her mother that Woodward did what?
(a) Wet the bed.
(c) Had violent outbursts.
(d) Had seizures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they “hold their behind in for fear of a sway too” what, in Part III?
2. The narrator refers to her father in Part III as a “wolf killer turned” what?
3. Where does Pecola say the prostitute China is going to take her to see the square in Part IV?
4. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they “learn how to do the white man's work with” what, in Part III?
5. When describing the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken, Claudia says in Part III, “They do not drink, smoke, or swear, and they still call sex” what?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)