|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of school did Pauline Williams attend?
2. In the third narrative of the Jane story in Part I, what has been taken away?
3. What is Mr. Henry’s last name?
4. What kind of car is Rosemary sitting in while she eats bread and butter in the beginning of Part II?
(a) A 1939 Buick.
(b) A 1930 Chevrolet.
(c) A 1937 Cadillac.
(d) A 1932 Ford.
5. In what year does the author say in the Foreword that she began the “story” that would eventually lead to The Bluest Eye?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is “that trifling Peggy” said to be from in Part II?
2. What does Claudia recall doing with her baby dolls as a child in Part II?
3. In Part II, the narrator says that “drunken men with sober eyes sing in the lobby” of what hotel?
4. What flowers does the narrator say even now hold no cheer for her in the spring in Part IV?
5. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they study “music to soothe” whom in Part III?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)