|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pecola pray for every night, according to the narrator in Part II?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A boyfriend.
(c) Blue eyes.
(d) Food to eat.
2. What flowers does the narrator say even now hold no cheer for her in the spring in Part IV?
3. What do Claudia and Frieda hope to get from Pecola in Part IV?
4. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they acquire skills in order to get rid of “the funkiness” of what?
5. In speaking of Pecola’s father in Part I, the narrator says, “Our innocence and faith were no more productive than his” what?
(a) “Lust or despair.”
(b) “Immoral thinking.”
(c) “Evil and sadness.”
(d) “Criminal behavior.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Claudia’s mother sings a song about trains where in the beginning of Part IV?
2. The sound of what town’s name “opens the windows of a room like the first four notes of a hymn,” according to Claudia in Part III?
3. In speaking of Cholly, Mrs. Breedlove says in Part IV, “I started to leave him once, but something came up. Once, after he tried to” do what?
4. How did Pauline Williams injure her foot when she was young?
5. What does Jane’s father do when Jane asks him to play in the story from Part I?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)