|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says in Part I that there were no marigolds in the fall of what year?
2. Claudia says of the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken that they “learn how to do the white man's work with” what, in Part III?
3. When describing the girls who come from places like Mobile and Aiken, Claudia says in Part III, “They do not drink, smoke, or swear, and they still call sex” what?
(b) “Layin’ Down.”
(d) “The horizontal hustle.”
4. Where does Pecola say the prostitute China is going to take her to see the square in Part IV?
(b) New York.
5. What do Claudia and Frieda hope to get from Pecola in Part IV?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Pauline Williams’s parents?
2. Who had at one time been the idols of Geraldine’s son, according to the narrator in Part III?
3. According to Toni Morrison in the book’s Foreword, “The extremity of Pecola's case stemmed largely from" what?
4. How does the narrator define “colored people” in Part III?
5. What does Pecola say Maginot Line’s real name is in Part IV?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)