|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author describes the burgeoning self-esteem of children as “before their ego has” what, in the book’s Foreword?
(c) “A brain.”
(d) “A stomach.”
2. The narrator in Part I says that at first they thought there were no marigolds that fall because Pecola was what?
(a) Having her father’s baby.
(b) Planning to kill her father.
(c) Praying for bad weather.
(d) Depressed about life.
3. The narrator in Part II says that her family’s house is “old, cold” and what color?
4. On what street had Mr. Henry been living before taking a room from the MacTeer family?
(a) Thirteenth Street.
(b) Fifth Street.
(c) Eighth Street.
(d) Second Street.
5. The author states in the book’s Foreword, “Beauty was not simply something to behold; it was" what?
(a) “Something one could do.”
(b) “Something that could remind.”
(c) “Something to cherish.”
(d) “Something that could inspire.”
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Jane’s father described in the story in Part I?
2. What magic trick does Mr. Henry perform when he meets the narrator and her sister in Part II?
3. The narrator says in Part II, “So when I think of autumn, I think of somebody with hands who does not want” what?
4. The narrator says in Part I that there were no marigolds in the fall of what year?
5. What is Pecola’s father’s name, according to the narrator in Part I?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)