|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say has become of Pecola’s father in Part I?
(a) He has left town.
(b) He’s become President.
(c) He has become rich.
(d) He has died.
2. Near what local coal company does the narrator say she sometimes goes in the evenings with grown-ups to fill burlap sacks with coal in Part II?
(a) Zick’s Coal Company.
(b) Johnson's Coal Company.
(c) Howard’s Coal Company.
(d) Murphy's Coal Company.
3. Who is described as “still trotting up and down Sixteenth Street talking to herself” in Part II?
(a) Miss Bertha.
(b) Miss Forrester.
(c) Baby Jenny.
(d) Auntie Julia.
4. What does Jane’s mother do when Jane asks her to play in the story from Part I?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs off.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She screams.
5. The author describes the burgeoning self-esteem of children as “before their ego has” what, in the book’s Foreword?
(b) “A stomach.”
(d) “A brain.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Mrs. MacTeer and tells her that Claudia, Pecola and Frieda are “playing nasty” in Part II?
2. Who owns the grocery store down the street from Pecola in Part II?
3. The narrator states in Part II, “The only living thing in the Breedloves' house was” what?
4. The narrator in Part II describes the adults as treating illness in children with what?
5. How old is the narrator’s sister in Part II?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)