|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane’s father do when Jane asks him to play in the story from Part I?
(a) He gets mad.
(b) He says he is too busy.
(c) He cries.
(d) He smiles.
2. The author states in the Foreword that her concept of breaking the narrative of the novel into parts "didn't work" because many readers "remain touched but not" what?
3. The narrator says in Part I that there were no marigolds in the fall of what year?
4. The narrator in Part I claims that “one must take refuge in” what?
5. In the story of Jane from Part I, Jane’s family lives in a house that is what colors?
(a) Blue and green.
(b) Green and white.
(c) Green and gold.
(d) Gold and blue.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states in the book’s Foreword, “Beauty was not simply something to behold; it was" what?
2. What is Pecola’s father’s name, according to the narrator in Part I?
3. In the third narrative of the Jane story in Part I, what has been taken away?
4. The author describes the burgeoning self-esteem of children as “before their ego has” what, in the book’s Foreword?
5. The narrator in Part I says that for years she believed the reason the marigolds didn’t bloom was because she had done what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)