|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author describes "seeing oneself preserved in the amber of" what, in the novel's Foreword?
(b) “Disqualifying metaphors.”
(d) “Collective memory.”
2. How is Jane’s father described in the story in Part I?
(a) “Skinny and feeble.”
(b) “Weathered and angry.”
(c) “Old and senile.”
(d) “Big and strong.”
3. In the book’s Foreword, the author writes that the book arose from a conversation she had with a childhood friend who wished that she had what?
(a) Blond hair.
(b) Blue eyes.
(c) Green eyes.
4. In what year does the author say The Bluest Eye began to take the form of a book in the Foreword?
5. Who arrives to play with Jane at the end of the story in Part I?
(a) Her father.
(b) A friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Part I that there were no marigolds in the fall of what year?
2. The narrator in Part I says that for years she believed the reason the marigolds didn’t bloom was because she had done what?
3. In the story of Jane from Part I, Jane’s family lives in a house that is what colors?
4. What does Jane’s father do when Jane asks him to play in the story from Part I?
5. In the third narrative of the Jane story in Part I, what has been taken away?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)