|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Harry sent to Istan?
(a) Her sister lives there.
(b) To go to school.
(c) Her mother divorced her father.
(d) Her father died.
2. What does Corlath realize about him and Harry?
(a) They end up marrying.
(b) They do not know each other's language.
(c) They may end up enemies.
(d) They know little of each other's customs.
3. What do Harry and the others discuss in the Residency?
(a) How many dogs Corlath had with him.
(b) The meeting with Corlath.
(c) The magic of Corlath.
(d) The beautiful horses.
4. What does Mathin call Harry when he gives her the kiss of luck?
(b) Daughter of the Riders.
(c) Rider Warrior.
(d) Daughter of his heart.
5. What does Jack say he tried to do at the end of the meeting?
(a) Understand how to accomodate Corlath.
(b) Get the attendees to shake hands.
(c) Smooth things over with Corlath.
(d) Not translate exactly what the Homelanders said.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mathin give Harry a maroon sash?
2. What does Harry see immediately after drinking the Water of Sight?
3. What is the name of a female heroine in the Hills?
4. What does Jack do when Corlath is moving out of the residency?
5. What does Amelia tell Harry concerning Harry's friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group talk about when Beth and Cassie join Harry, how does Harry learn more about Hillfolk, and why is Jack included in the dinner with their king?
2. What does Harry see in the fire, what is her response and what is Corlath's response?
3. Why is Richard worried about Harry and how does she settle in her new home?
4. What is Corlath feeling as he leaves the Residency, and what is having to do as he is leaving and why?
5. Who does Amelia tell Harry to bring to lunch and what does Harry think of her new home?
6. Who helped put Harry in her new home and how did he do it?
7. What does Corlath have Harry do at the camp, why is she offended and what is Corlath's response to her anger?
8. Why does Corlath want to take Harry and how does he do it?
9. What does Harry see when she drinks from the Water of Sight?
10. When does Harry get up to begin her training, of what does her training consist and what does Mathin give her to help with her training?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)