|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Harry and Mathin leave camp at dawn?
(a) To locate water.
(b) To begin her training.
(c) To take a hike.
(d) To watch the sunrise.
2. How was Harry treated by her father and his friends?
(a) As a silly girl.
(b) As an equal.
(c) As a mascot.
(d) As a helpless young lady.
3. What main thoughts occupy Harry's mind while she is eating and watching the men around her?
(a) Her former home in the forests and her family.
(b) If Sir Charles is looking for her.
(c) Why she is there.
(d) How she might escape.
4. Why is Mathin training Harry?
(a) He is the best in the camp.
(b) He speaks her language.
(c) He is the closest in age to her.
(d) He requested the job.
5. What does Harry plan to do after breakfast one morning?
(a) Go riding with her friends.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Start a new tapestry.
(d) Help Richard with his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Homelanders obtain Istan?
2. What does one of the persons in her vision carry?
3. What does Corlath hope as he looks down on a sleeping Harry?
4. How is Harry able to clean up after the long ride to camp?
5. What are the names of Harry's two friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Harry and Mathin leave camp and who wakes Harry at night?
2. What does the group talk about when Beth and Cassie join Harry, how does Harry learn more about Hillfolk, and why is Jack included in the dinner with their king?
3. What does King Corlath look like, and what kind of mood is he in when the girls arrive at the residence?
4. What are Jack's hopes about Corlath?
5. What does Harry do after breakfast, who befriends her and what does Corlath do to prepare her for the rest of the journey?
6. What does Harry do after dinner, and what does Corlath think as he looks at Harry?
7. What does Mathin show her about fire, what can he not teach her and why and what do they do after Harry's sixth week of training?
8. When does Harry get up to begin her training, of what does her training consist and what does Mathin give her to help with her training?
9. What does Mathin tell Harry about Forloy, and what does Harry realize about her knowledge of Hill culture?
10. Who helped put Harry in her new home and how did he do it?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)