|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do that makes Mathin honor her?
(a) Throw him from his horse.
(b) Beat him in a foot race.
(c) Beat him in a horse race.
(d) Hit him in the arm with a sword.
2. What is the name Corlath gives Harry for the Water of Sight?
3. What does Corlath say Harry's vision might be?
(a) A vision of the past.
(b) A vision of the future.
(c) A vision of what she might want.
(d) A hallucination from being drunk.
4. Why does Mathin give Harry a maroon sash?
(a) It is the color of the Riders.
(b) It show she bears a sword.
(c) It is Mathin's family's color.
(d) It is the color of her master.
5. What does Mathin give Harry to help her training?
(a) A protein drink.
(b) Extra food.
(c) Camel's milk.
(d) Light stimulants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs immediately after the girls dismount?
2. What is the name of a female heroine in the Hills?
3. What does Corlath tell his riders about Harry?
4. How is Harry able to clean up after the long ride to camp?
5. In what Province is Istan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mathin a rider and why is he training Harry?
2. What does King Corlath look like, and what kind of mood is he in when the girls arrive at the residence?
3. What does Harry see in the fire, what is her response and what is Corlath's response?
4. What does Mathin tell Harry about Forloy, and what does Harry realize about her knowledge of Hill culture?
5. Who does Amelia tell Harry to bring to lunch and what does Harry think of her new home?
6. What does Harry do after dinner, and what does Corlath think as he looks at Harry?
7. How does Harry do in the trials and what happens during her last challenge?
8. What type of trouble with neighboring nations does Sir Charles talk about?
9. What does Corlath have Harry do at the camp, why is she offended and what is Corlath's response to her anger?
10. What is Corlath feeling as he leaves the Residency, and what is having to do as he is leaving and why?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)