|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ways does Mathin show her to make fire?
2. What does Harry notice after Corlath rides away?
(a) He dropped his scarf.
(b) His horse has thrown a shoe.
(c) One of the dogs stayed behind.
(d) She has a pounding headache.
3. What does Harry think about when in the heat of the desert?
(a) If her horse is too hot.
(b) The jungles and forests of home.
(c) If she brought enough water.
(d) If she should have dressed in something cooler.
4. What does Mathin call Harry when he gives her the kiss of luck?
(a) Daughter of the Riders.
(b) Daughter of his heart.
(d) Rider Warrior.
5. What type of clothing do the Hillfolk wear?
(a) Light weight silk and little of it.
(b) Mostly animal furs.
(c) They dress the same as the Homelanders.
(d) Robes covering their entire body.
6. What does Peterson say about Sir Charles' proposal to Corlath?
(a) That Sir Charles did not ask enough from Corlath.
(b) That it seems Charles does not care about trade with Corlath's people.
(c) That Charles asked for Corlath to give up his lands and people.
(d) That the proposal was reasonable but difficult to enforce.
7. What does Corlath think Thurra has managed to do?
(a) Scare the Homelanders.
(b) Bring his people together.
(c) Train a huge army.
(d) Settle for peace with the Uglands.
8. Why was Harry sent to Istan?
(a) Her father died.
(b) Her sister lives there.
(c) To go to school.
(d) Her mother divorced her father.
9. What does Corlath realize about him and Harry?
(a) They may end up enemies.
(b) They know little of each other's customs.
(c) They do not know each other's language.
(d) They end up marrying.
10. Who wakes Harry in the night?
(d) Lady Aerin.
11. What reason does Corlath give his riders for considering taking Harry with them?
(a) As a political prisoner.
(b) She has asked to go with him.
(c) To use as a bribe against Sir Charles.
(d) He is certain she is being held against her will.
12. What does Richard want from Harry?
(a) That she have children.
(b) That she is married as soon as possible.
(c) That she enjoys her schooling.
(d) That she represent him well.
13. What does Harry realize about her former home?
(a) It is a better place to live.
(b) She no longer misses it.
(c) She would like to move back after she is married.
(d) Her clothing she brought with her from her home won't work in the desert.
14. Who does Sir Charles have on hand who knows Hill speech?
(d) His father.
15. What did Jack say about Corlath speaking at the meeting?
(a) Everything Corlath said provoked Sir Charles.
(b) Corlath spoke in Homelander.
(c) Corlath spoke no Homelander there.
(d) Corlath said nothing at the metting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corlath encourage Harry to go in the camp?
2. What does Richard do for a living?
3. What old kingdom still exists in the north?
4. What main thoughts occupy Harry's mind while she is eating and watching the men around her?
5. What did Corlath's father say kelar often was?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)