|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry plan to do after breakfast one morning?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Start a new tapestry.
(c) Help Richard with his work.
(d) Go riding with her friends.
2. What does Jack do when Corlath is moving out of the residency?
(a) Stands in front of him.
(b) Say something to him.
(c) Grabs him by the sleeve.
(d) Pushes him off a step.
3. Why does Corlath say Luthe's kelar is more useful?
(a) His blood is more pure.
(b) He is older.
(c) He is younger.
(d) He has had more training.
4. What do some men bring Harry after she rests?
(b) A sword.
5. What do several Riders do around the fire the night Harry is given her sash?
(a) Challenge her.
(b) Make fun of her.
(c) Wish her luck.
(d) Dance with her.
6. Who does Sir Charles have on hand who knows Hill speech?
(a) His father.
7. What does Corlath think is the reason his people would lose in a war against the North?
(a) The North has many giants and dragons fighting with them.
(b) The North has too many mages.
(c) They do not believe in war.
(d) They would be vastly outnumbered.
8. Who does Harry see leap out of the bonfire?
(a) Corlath's father.
(b) No one.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A red-haired woman.
9. In what kind of container is the Water of Sight?
(a) A ceramic bowl.
(b) A sheepskin canteen.
(c) A wooden canteen.
(d) A heavy leather bag with a drinking horn.
10. What is the rumor about Corlath and magic?
(a) His magic showed itself when he was a baby.
(b) He has no magic.
(c) He is trying to find a sorcerer.
(d) It has made him insane.
11. How is Harry able to clean up after the long ride to camp?
(a) She goes swimming in the river.
(b) Four men fill a tub for her.
(c) She pours a waterskin over herself.
(d) She takes a bath in the stream.
12. What does Harry do that makes Mathin honor her?
(a) Beat him in a foot race.
(b) Throw him from his horse.
(c) Beat him in a horse race.
(d) Hit him in the arm with a sword.
13. How many children do Sir Charles and Amelia have?
14. What does Corlath tell his riders about Harry?
(a) She has asked to go with him.
(b) They will take her with them.
(c) She is not going to marry him.
(d) She is not the person he has been seeing.
15. What color are Corlath's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack say about Corlath speaking at the meeting?
2. Why are Harry and Mathin heading to the city?
3. What do Harry and the others discuss in the Residency?
4. What does Corlath say his magic is showing him?
5. What are the names of Harry's two friends?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)