|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry notice after Corlath rides away?
(a) One of the dogs stayed behind.
(b) She has a pounding headache.
(c) His horse has thrown a shoe.
(d) He dropped his scarf.
2. What is Harry's real name?
(a) Harriet Crewe.
(b) Angharad Crewe.
(c) Plaharra Crewe.
(d) Hanibelle Crewe.
3. What does Corlath think is the reason his people would lose in a war against the North?
(a) The North has many giants and dragons fighting with them.
(b) They would be vastly outnumbered.
(c) The North has too many mages.
(d) They do not believe in war.
4. What does Harry do that makes Mathin honor her?
(a) Hit him in the arm with a sword.
(b) Beat him in a horse race.
(c) Beat him in a foot race.
(d) Throw him from his horse.
5. What did Harry discover about Jack at a dinner party concerning the desert?
(a) He enjoys the desert.
(b) He wants to live farther into the desert.
(c) He hates the desert.
(d) He has no thoughts on the desert.
6. How many children do Sir Charles and Amelia have?
7. For what did Corlath's father tell him kelar is useful?
(a) In a battle.
(b) For staying young.
(c) For impressing the women.
(d) For starting fires.
8. Why does Richard feel Harry may have a problem in society?
(a) She is not very bright.
(b) Her heritage is questionable.
(c) She is not pretty.
(d) She is not well educated.
9. What are the Hillfolk known to love?
(b) Caves and being underground.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Hunting dogs.
10. What does Corlath realize about him and Harry?
(a) They do not know each other's language.
(b) They know little of each other's customs.
(c) They may end up enemies.
(d) They end up marrying.
11. What is waiting for Harry when she wakes in the morning?
(a) A book of Darian language.
(b) New boots.
(c) A sword.
12. What do Harry and the others discuss in the Residency?
(a) How many dogs Corlath had with him.
(b) The meeting with Corlath.
(c) The magic of Corlath.
(d) The beautiful horses.
13. Why was Harry sent to Istan?
(a) Her father died.
(b) Her sister lives there.
(c) To go to school.
(d) Her mother divorced her father.
14. What does Mathin teach Harry to do at night?
(a) How to dance.
(b) How to sew.
(c) How to sleep and listen at the same time.
(d) How to tell one Hill folk from another.
15. What does one of the persons in her vision carry?
(a) A lance.
(b) A colorful banner.
(c) A blue sword.
(d) A small lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Harry's hair?
2. What is standing outside the house when the girls arrive?
3. Why is Corlath angry when he leaves the Residency?
4. What does Tom Lloyd think about Harry?
5. What does Jack learn about Harry when they spoke at a dinner party?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)