|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Harry's hair?
(a) It rests on her shoulders.
(b) It goes to her knees.
(d) Very short.
2. What does Jack say he tried to do at the end of the meeting?
(a) Understand how to accomodate Corlath.
(b) Get the attendees to shake hands.
(c) Not translate exactly what the Homelanders said.
(d) Smooth things over with Corlath.
3. For whom is Sir Charles waiting to return?
(a) The Duke and his retainers.
(b) Jack Dedham.
(c) His wife.
(d) Conrad Effitin.
4. What does Jack hope is the reason Corlath is coming to see Sir Charles?
(a) To ask for Harry as a bride.
(b) To ask for help with the northerners.
(c) To offer a new trade agreement.
(d) To sell some of their horses.
5. What type of clothing do the Hillfolk wear?
(a) Robes covering their entire body.
(b) Mostly animal furs.
(c) They dress the same as the Homelanders.
(d) Light weight silk and little of it.
6. How many ways does Mathin show her to make fire?
7. What does Harry plan to do after breakfast one morning?
(a) Start a new tapestry.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Help Richard with his work.
(d) Go riding with her friends.
8. What does Corlath think Thurra has managed to do?
(a) Scare the Homelanders.
(b) Train a huge army.
(c) Settle for peace with the Uglands.
(d) Bring his people together.
9. What is the name of a female heroine in the Hills?
10. What does Harry wonder as she rides to meet her friends?
(a) If they have brought dates.
(b) If they remembered she was meeting them.
(c) What Corlath looks like.
(d) If they wanted to have a horse race.
11. What old kingdom still exists in the north?
12. What is the name Corlath gives Harry for the Water of Sight?
13. What does Richard do for a living?
(a) He is a merchant.
(b) He is a scholar.
(c) He is a magician.
(d) He is in the military.
14. What is Harry's real name?
(a) Harriet Crewe.
(b) Hanibelle Crewe.
(c) Plaharra Crewe.
(d) Angharad Crewe.
15. What does Corlath say Harry's vision might be?
(a) A hallucination from being drunk.
(b) A vision of the future.
(c) A vision of what she might want.
(d) A vision of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corlath say cannot have magic?
2. What does Harry do that makes Mathin honor her?
3. What does Mathin call Harry when he gives her the kiss of luck?
4. What does Jack say about Corlath and the Northerners?
5. For what did Corlath's father tell him kelar is useful?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)