|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do that makes Mathin honor her?
(a) Hit him in the arm with a sword.
(b) Throw him from his horse.
(c) Beat him in a horse race.
(d) Beat him in a foot race.
2. Who does Sir Charles have on hand who knows Hill speech?
(c) His father.
3. When Harry's friends join her of what do they speak?
(a) The number of eligible men in the area.
(b) How much cooler it is in the morning.
(c) The coming of Corlath.
(d) Whether Harry will come home with them.
4. What are the names of Harry's two friends?
(a) Greta and Nancy.
(b) Cassie and Mariel.
(c) Elizabeth and Cassie.
(d) Susan and Penelope.
5. What did Corlath's father say kelar often was?
(a) A luck of fate.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A touch by the Gods.
(d) A curse.
6. Why are there things Mathin cannot teach Harry?
(a) He does not speak her language.
(b) He has no kelar.
(c) He is too young.
(d) He is a new Rider.
7. What old kingdom still exists in the north?
8. What are the Hillfolk known to love?
(a) Caves and being underground.
(b) The mountains.
(d) Hunting dogs.
9. What is the name of Corlath's interpreter?
10. Why do the girls decide to return to the Residency?
(a) Their horses are hot.
(b) They want to be ready for the dance that night.
(c) To wait for Corlath.
(d) They are hungry.
11. What type of clothing do the Hillfolk wear?
(a) They dress the same as the Homelanders.
(b) Mostly animal furs.
(c) Light weight silk and little of it.
(d) Robes covering their entire body.
12. What does Corlath say his magic is showing him?
(a) A young woman's face.
(b) Where is younger brother might be.
(c) How to outwit the Outlanders.
(d) The time and manner of his death.
13. Why does Richard feel Harry may have a problem in society?
(a) She is not very bright.
(b) Her heritage is questionable.
(c) She is not well educated.
(d) She is not pretty.
14. What does Jack hope is the reason Corlath is coming to see Sir Charles?
(a) To ask for Harry as a bride.
(b) To offer a new trade agreement.
(c) To ask for help with the northerners.
(d) To sell some of their horses.
15. What does Harry realize as she listens to stories of the Hill folk?
(a) She has memories of the Hill culture.
(b) The Outlanders don't really know anything about the Hill people.
(c) They have a long, interesting history.
(d) She has never heard the stories before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack learn about Harry when they spoke at a dinner party?
2. Why is Corlath angry when he leaves the Residency?
3. What does Amelia offer to do for Corlath's visit?
4. What does Peterson say about Sir Charles' proposal to Corlath?
5. What does Richard do for a living?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)