|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hobby does Delphine take up in order to have an excuse to leave home?
(b) Landscape painting.
2. What does Seiverance do when he meets with Carriscant and Delphine?
(a) Accuses the two of them of adultery.
(b) Asks Carriscant if Delphine is well enough to travel.
(c) Punches Carriscant.
(d) Gives a prayer of thanks.
3. What is Carriscant's request to Annaliese's request?
(a) He wants her to give more thought to it.
(b) He says no.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He wants to think about it.
4. Why did Delphine's aunt and uncle raise her?
(a) Her parents died of flu.
(b) Her parents died of typhus.
(c) Her mother gave her up for adoption.
(d) Her parents were not married.
5. Of what does Pantaleon inform Carriscant?
(a) Carriscant is expected to pilot the plane.
(b) Pantaleon is moving to Europe.
(c) Pantaleon has found a co-pilot.
(d) Carriscant has to find another engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason Carriscant visits Bobby?
2. What does Carriscant do in Guam?
3. How does Carriscant react when he performs an appendectomy?
4. What does Carriscant do to cause an old Philippine man to laugh at him?
5. Why does Kay dismiss Delphine's confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Carriscant's Chinese patient, and what does this set Carriscant to thinking?
2. Why does Delphine take up painting and how does that enable her affair with Carriscant?
3. What does Carriscant say Delphine admits and what is Kay's reaction?
4. Describe Delphine's surgery.
5. Why does Carriscant fight Wieland?
6. Why is Cruz enraged and Carriscant embarrassed?
7. What is the outcome of Carriscant's trial?
8. What does Carriscant say about possible motives for the death of the soldiers?
9. What do Bobby and Carriscant discuss about the recent murder?
10. What happens one day when Carriscant begins to fantasize about Delphine?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)