|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kay Fischer's occupation?
2. What does Kay infer about Philip during their marriage?
(a) He was indifferent.
(b) He was more interested in his work than her.
(c) He was a loving husband.
(d) He had an affair.
3. What does the buyer plan to do?
(a) Build the house again and call it his design.
(b) Build condos on the land.
(c) Leave it in its unfinished state.
(d) Resell the house as quickly as possible.
4. Why is Kay wanting to sell her house?
(a) It reminds her too much of her ex-husband.
(b) To avoid complete financial collapse.
(c) She wants to move to Maine.
(d) She has never liked it.
5. What does Cruz refuse to do?
(a) Go with them to the hospital morgue.
(b) Give them his fingerprints.
(c) Go with them to see the Constable.
(d) Hand over the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Kay about the same time that Philip begins his drinking habit?
2. What was Kay's biological father's occupation according to Kay's mother?
3. What does Paton Bobby request Carriscant do in a recent murder?
4. What is the year of the setting of the chapter "Tongue"?
5. What was Kay's stepfather's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What documentation is left of Kay's biological father?
2. Why does Kay's lawyer call her and why is his news in a way depressing for Kay?
3. Who is Coleman Brockway and how did he die?
4. What does Kay learn about the buyer of her home?
5. Who is Kay Fischer?
6. How does Carriscant feel about his marriage?
7. What do Quiroga and Carriscant do for a Chinese boy?
8. What does Kay discover when she goes to her house just after selling it?
9. What does Kay decide about Carriscant and what does she do after deciding this?
10. What does Carriscant notice while at Cruz's home?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)