|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kay and Carriscant first fly?
(d) New York City.
2. What does Salvador Carriscant claim?
(a) To be Kay's biological father.
(b) That he knows where Eric Meyersen is hiding.
(c) That he can make her business flourish.
(d) To be Brockman's attorney.
3. Where does Carriscant want Kay to go with him?
(a) New York.
(b) South America.
4. What was Kay's stepfather's profession?
(a) Ship's captain.
(b) Coir and hemp importer.
(d) Army officer.
5. Where has Ward's body been taken?
(a) To Pantaleon's private morgue.
(b) To Cruz's private morgue.
(c) To a funeral home.
(d) To Carriscant's private morgue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kay do for Philip?
2. What type of barn has Pantaleon built?
3. Who is Eric Meyersen?
4. What appeared in a magazine article in 1927?
5. What does Kay oversee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Quiroga and Carriscant do for a Chinese boy?
2. What does Carriscant show Kay after visiting Paton Bobby and what does he ask of her?
3. What does Kay decide about Carriscant and what does she do after deciding this?
4. What does Carriscant write to say to Kay and what does she decide to do?
5. Who is Kay Fischer?
6. Who is Coleman Brockway and how did he die?
7. Why is Kay Fischer nearly bankrupt?
8. What do Kay and Philip think about the other one?
9. What does Carriscant notice while at Cruz's home?
10. Why does Kay's lawyer call her and why is his news in a way depressing for Kay?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)