|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Delphine reject Carriscant out of hand?
(a) She would not consider dating a married man.
(b) Carriscant is much older than she.
(c) Carriscant keeps calling her the wrong name.
(d) She is engaged to another man.
2. Why do Carriscant and Pantaleon argue?
(a) Carriscant says he wants to be co-pilot instead of Pantaleon's nephew.
(b) Carriscant tells him about Delphine.
(c) Carriscant does not want to be co-pilot.
(d) Carriscant suggests adding more stabilizers.
3. What do Carriscant and Delphine tell Seiverance?
(a) Delphine is pregnant by Seiverance.
(b) Delphine is going to visit her cousins in Europe.
(c) Delphine wants a divorce.
(d) Delphine is pregnant by Carriscant.
4. How long is Carriscant in Bilibid Prison?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 8 years.
5. Why does Carriscant visit his wife's uncle?
(a) To ask the uncle's business advice.
(b) To tell the uncle that Carriscant is getting a divorce.
(c) To give the uncle a physical examination.
(d) To obtain an engine for Pantaleon.
6. What does Carriscant discover about Siverance's wife?
(a) She is his third cousin.
(b) She knows his best friend in Italy.
(c) She is friend's with the woman he had dreamed of.
(d) She is the woman he had fantasized about.
7. What does Delphine say her husband would do if she runs off with Carriscant?
(a) Follow them.
(b) Let her go.
(c) Beg her to come back.
(d) Give her money to divorce him.
8. For how many murders is Carriscant arrested?
9. What does Delphine tell Carriscant?
(a) She is ill again.
(b) She is leaving to rejoin her husband.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) She is ending her affair with him.
10. What does Panteleon have to decide about the engine after it arrives?
(a) If it is powerful enough.
(b) How it should be mounted.
(c) If he needs two of them.
(d) If it is too heavy.
11. What does Carriscant do on Panay Island?
(a) Runs a charter boat company.
(b) Runs a orphanage.
(c) Opens a surgery hospital.
(d) Opens a restaurant.
12. What do Bobby, Carriscant, and some policemen do?
(a) Search Cruz's personal operating theater and morgue.
(b) Hold Wieland captive for several hours.
(c) Swear out a warrent for Cruz.
(d) Forcibly search the hospital.
13. What does Carriscant watch Pantaleon do?
(a) Take his plane three feet off thhe ground.
(b) Put down Cruz and leaves Cruz speechless.
(c) Taxi his plane.
(d) Use anesthesia to calm a patient.
14. What does Carriscant note about Pantaleon's airplane?
(a) Its design is very simple.
(b) It is too heavy.
(c) It has graceful, strong, complex construction.
(d) It is off balance.
15. With what does Pantaleon threaten Carriscant?
(a) Filing a lawsuit.
(b) Telling others about Carriscant's affair.
(c) Setting it up to make Carriscant look guilty.
(d) Telling Delphine that Carriscant is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carriscant and Kay go to inquire about the magazine photograph?
2. Why does Pantaleon want to buy on the black market?
3. When do Kay and Carriscant land in Lisbon?
4. Who is the third murder victim?
5. Why does Carriscant contact people in the black market after talking with Delphine?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)