|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carriscant watch Pantaleon do?
(a) Taxi his plane.
(b) Put down Cruz and leaves Cruz speechless.
(c) Use anesthesia to calm a patient.
(d) Take his plane three feet off thhe ground.
2. Why does Carriscant supposedly visit Paton Bobby?
(a) To borrow money.
(b) To ask about the murder investigation.
(c) To get a recommendation for a black marketeer.
(d) To suggest arresting Cruz.
3. What does Carriscant do when he encounters Delphine at the social function?
(a) He is at a loss for words.
(b) He avoids her.
(c) He flirts openly with her.
(d) He introduces her to his wife as if he just met her.
4. How does Carriscant learn about Kay?
(a) The birth records at the hospital.
(b) Annaliese's father visits him in prison.
(c) From her uncle.
(d) Annaliese writes him in prison.
5. What does Seiverance do when he meets with Carriscant and Delphine?
(a) Gives a prayer of thanks.
(b) Punches Carriscant.
(c) Asks Carriscant if Delphine is well enough to travel.
(d) Accuses the two of them of adultery.
6. Who is the third murder victim?
(a) A Philippine pregnant woman.
(b) A teenage girl.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An elderly Philippine man.
7. Why did Delphine's aunt and uncle raise her?
(a) Her mother gave her up for adoption.
(b) Her parents died of typhus.
(c) Her parents were not married.
(d) Her parents died of flu.
8. What does Bobby say about Carriscant regarding the two murders?
(a) He is a suspect.
(b) That Carriscant could not have done the murders.
(c) Bobby thinks Carriscant knows who killed the men.
(d) He botched one of the autopsies.
9. Why is Carriscant able to visit Delphine regularly?
(a) In the guise of medical check-ups.
(b) She has decided she likes the name he calls her.
(c) Carriscant's wife has left him.
(d) Carriscant has her husband's absolute trust.
10. What do Carriscant and Delphine do in his office?
(a) Talk about divorcing their spouses.
(b) Decide not to continue to see each other.
(d) Make love.
11. Why does Kay dismiss Delphine's confession?
(a) It is the delusions of a dying woman who would have liked to kill him.
(b) It does not fit with the story.
(c) Delphine could not have gotten the jump on a professional soldier.
(d) Kay believes Delphine.
12. Who backs Cruz when he calls Carriscant on the carpet/
(a) No one.
(b) His wife's uncle.
13. What does Carriscant think about Annaliese when he contemplates her over New Year's?
(a) He still loves her.
(b) He could grow to love her again.
(c) His complete lack of any feelings for her.
(d) She is frigid.
14. Who is giving the social event Carriscant attends?
(b) Governor Taft.
(d) Governor Roosevelt.
15. What does Cruz show Carriscant one day in the operating room?
(a) How a patient does not feel pain if the cuts are clean.
(b) How to suture a lung.
(c) Sutures in a patient's heart muscles.
(d) How the heart keeps beating even after being removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delphine say her husband would do if she runs off with Carriscant?
2. Why does Delphine reject Carriscant out of hand?
3. What happens when Panteleon and Carriscant take off in the plane?
4. Why does Carriscant start a fire in Sieverance's shed?
5. What does Cruz say about the procedure?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)