|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kay do outside Carriscant's apartment one day?
(b) Watches to see if he leaves.
(c) Writes down the license plate numbers of everyone's car in the area.
(d) Takes pictures of any visitors to his apartment.
2. For what does Kay use a scalpel?
(a) To make an incision in Carriscant's arm.
(b) To carve a model of a building she is designing.
(c) To carve her initials in a tree.
(d) To open a package that arrives for her.
3. In what year does Kay graduated from M.I.T?
4. What does Kay infer about Philip during their marriage?
(a) He was indifferent.
(b) He had an affair.
(c) He was more interested in his work than her.
(d) He was a loving husband.
5. Why is Kay wanting to sell her house?
(a) It reminds her too much of her ex-husband.
(b) She wants to move to Maine.
(c) She has never liked it.
(d) To avoid complete financial collapse.
6. Where was Carriscant born?
(d) Philippine Islands.
7. What does Carriscant see in Cruz's home?
(a) Medical experiments.
(b) Lots of paintings of nude women.
(c) Several dead horses.
(d) Lots of paintings of nude ment.
8. What was Kay's biological father's occupation according to Kay's mother?
(a) Oil man.
(b) Missionary and teacher.
(d) Safari guide.
9. During what time does the United States colonize the Philippine Islands?
(d) 1898 -1902.
10. Where does Carriscant go after he runs a few errands?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A church.
(c) A bar.
(d) The police station.
11. Where do Carriscant and Kay go?
(a) To visit Kay's mother.
(b) To visit Paton Bobby.
(c) To find Carriscant more permanent lodgings.
(d) To talk to Philip.
12. What is 2265 Micheltoreno?
(a) Kay's business address.
(b) Location of Kay's dream home.
(c) Carriscant's home address.
(d) Location of Kay and Carriscant's meeting.
13. Where does Kay's mother say Kay was born?
(b) New Guinea.
14. What does Carriscant have when he returns to Manila?
(a) A then-modern understanding of surgery.
(b) A degree in philosophy from Oxford.
(c) A wife and a child.
(d) A degree in law from Harvard.
15. What does Kay decide she will do concerning Carriscant?
(a) Take the picture she snapped of him and show her mother.
(b) Talk to her grandmother.
(c) Write some people in New Guinea.
(d) Hear his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Carriscant researched?
2. What does narration give the reader?
3. Who is Ephraim Ward?
4. What ship do Carriscant and Kay board for their journey?
5. How long will Kay and Carriscant be on the ship?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)