|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Bobby and Carriscan travel to Cruz's house?
(a) To ask his advice.
(b) To recover Ward's body.
(c) To force a confession.
(d) To gain his fingerprints.
2. What does the buyer plan to do?
(a) Leave it in its unfinished state.
(b) Resell the house as quickly as possible.
(c) Build the house again and call it his design.
(d) Build condos on the land.
3. Who is Isidro Cruz?
(a) Young man who develops a crush on Annabelle.
(b) Lawyer who often argues against Carriscant in court.
(c) Carriscant's brother-in-law.
(d) Surgeon with whom Carriscant has a long-running feud.
4. How old was Coleman when he died?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 16 days.
(d) 4 years.
5. What does Carriscant see in Cruz's home?
(a) Medical experiments.
(b) Lots of paintings of nude women.
(c) Lots of paintings of nude ment.
(d) Several dead horses.
6. What is Kay Fischer's occupation?
7. What do Pantaleon and Carriscant do to a Chinese youth?
(a) Defend his right to citizenship.
(b) Defend him in a wrongful murder suit.
(c) Remove a tumor from his tongue.
(d) Remove a bullet next to his spine.
8. During what time does the United States colonize the Philippine Islands?
(d) 1898 -1902.
9. What does Kay do outside Carriscant's apartment one day?
(a) Writes down the license plate numbers of everyone's car in the area.
(b) Watches to see if he leaves.
(c) Takes pictures of any visitors to his apartment.
10. For what does Kay use a scalpel?
(a) To carve a model of a building she is designing.
(b) To make an incision in Carriscant's arm.
(c) To carve her initials in a tree.
(d) To open a package that arrives for her.
11. What does narration give the reader?
(a) A list of reasons Cruz probably murdered Ward.
(b) A list of reasons Carriscant must be the murderer.
(c) An explanation of the de facto caste system of the Philippine Islands.
(d) A list of reasons Pantaleon is suspect in Ward's murder.
12. How is Kay's business?
(a) She does not have a business.
(b) Well enough to make a decent living.
(d) Nearly bankrupt.
13. Why does Kay's lawyer call her?
(a) To tell her that he has a buyer for her house.
(b) To find out if she wants to file for bankruptcy.
(c) To suggest Kay contact a friend of the lawyer's in Washington, D. C.
(d) To say that he thinks Kay will be able to keep her house.
14. What was Kay's biological father's occupation according to Kay's mother?
(a) Safari guide.
(b) Missionary and teacher.
(d) Oil man.
15. About what does Carriscant not seem surprised?
(a) Kay's mother saying Hugh is Kay's father.
(b) Kay's mother is remarried.
(c) Kay not wanting to have any contact with him.
(d) Kay joining him for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cruz refuse to do?
2. Why does Carriscant need Kay's assistance?
3. What does Carriscant say his father did for a living?
4. How does Cruz view Carriscant professionally?
5. When does Annaliese's mother die?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)