|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kay live?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
2. What is Pantaleon building?
(a) A tank.
(b) A hot-air balloon.
(c) An experimental lab.
(d) An airplane.
3. What does Carriscant have when he returns to Manila?
(a) A then-modern understanding of surgery.
(b) A degree in law from Harvard.
(c) A degree in philosophy from Oxford.
(d) A wife and a child.
4. How is Kay's business?
(a) She does not have a business.
(c) Nearly bankrupt.
(d) Well enough to make a decent living.
5. What is Kay's stipulation for her going with Carriscant?
(a) He will tell her everything.
(b) They will have separate berths.
(c) He will not tell everyone he's her father.
(d) He will spend time with her.
6. What has Carriscant researched?
(a) Kay's real birth certificate.
(b) Applying for a visa for Portugal.
(c) Photograph he showed Kay earlier.
(d) Bobby activity in the States.
7. What happens when Carriscant begins working in Manila?
(a) He is reviled because of his race.
(b) He makes a terrible error and is fired.
(c) He becomes famous.
(d) He practices law for a rich oil company.
8. What motivates Kay to accompany Carriscant to Europe?
(a) Information from Meyersen.
(b) Her lawyer thinks she needs to get away for a while.
(c) Carriscant offers to pay her way.
(d) Her mother urges her to go.
9. During what time does the United States colonize the Philippine Islands?
(a) 1898 -1902.
10. Why is Kay wanting to sell her house?
(a) She wants to move to Maine.
(b) It reminds her too much of her ex-husband.
(c) To avoid complete financial collapse.
(d) She has never liked it.
11. What is 2265 Micheltoreno?
(a) Kay's business address.
(b) Location of Kay's dream home.
(c) Location of Kay and Carriscant's meeting.
(d) Carriscant's home address.
12. Why does Kay spend a lot of time with her lawyer?
(a) She is a lawyer and does not need a lawyer.
(b) She's been arrested for money laundering.
(c) She's been arrested for fraud.
(d) Trying to rebuild her business.
13. Who is Isidro Cruz?
(a) Carriscant's brother-in-law.
(b) Surgeon with whom Carriscant has a long-running feud.
(c) Lawyer who often argues against Carriscant in court.
(d) Young man who develops a crush on Annabelle.
14. Who is Eric Meyersen?
(a) A detective.
(b) Kay's best friend's husband.
(c) Kay's ex-business partner.
(d) Kay's brother.
15. What do Pantaleon and Carriscant do to a Chinese youth?
(a) Defend him in a wrongful murder suit.
(b) Defend his right to citizenship.
(c) Remove a tumor from his tongue.
(d) Remove a bullet next to his spine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bruna?
2. What does Kay's lawyer say about her house?
3. For how long does Carriscant say he was married to Annaliese?
4. What does Paton Bobby request Carriscant do in a recent murder?
5. Where does Carriscant want Kay to go with him?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)