|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year of the setting of the chapter "Tongue"?
2. What does Pantaleon lack?
3. What does Carriscant think of his marriage?
(a) It is almost over.
(b) It is convenient.
(c) He never loved his wife.
(d) It is not perfect, but still good.
4. How old was Coleman when he died?
(a) 16 days.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 6 months.
5. What seemed to be true about the location of the body that was found?
(a) It was far from where the person is killed.
(b) It was placed would it would be found.
(c) It was an ill attempt at camouflage.
(d) Nothing unusual was noted.
6. What happened to cause a war in the Philippines?
(a) The Chinese invaded.
(b) The Japanese invaded.
(c) The United States tried to colonize them.
(d) Britain tried to colonize them.
7. What does Kay infer about Philip during their marriage?
(a) He had an affair.
(b) He was a loving husband.
(c) He was more interested in his work than her.
(d) He was indifferent.
8. In what condition is Kay's house?
(b) Half gone.
(c) Torn down.
(d) Painted a different color.
9. When does Annaliese's mother die?
10. Where do Kay and Carriscant first fly?
(c) New York City.
11. What does Kay's lawyer say about her house?
(a) There is a second buyer, so he may get a better price.
(b) He has obtained a good price for it.
(c) The sale fell through.
(d) No one will buy it until it is completed.
12. What appeared in a magazine article in 1927?
(a) Photograph that interests Carriscant.
(b) Brief article about Kay's work as an architect.
(c) Picture of Carriscant and Annaliese.
(d) Article about Philip's family.
13. In what year does Kay graduated from M.I.T?
14. Why does Carriscant need Kay's assistance?
(a) To arrange a meeting with Kay's mother.
(b) To help him get a green card.
(c) To find a man in Los Angeles.
(d) To find his son.
15. What nationality is Carriscant's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is apparent when Carriscant visits Pantaleon's house?
2. What ship do Carriscant and Kay board for their journey?
3. What does Cruz refuse to do?
4. Whom does Carriscant think about when he returns home?
5. Why does Philip say he will ask around at his work for Kay?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)