Prologue, Chapters 1 - 4
1. What is Kay Fischer's occupation?
2. Where does Kay live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
3. What is the year when the novel opens?
4. How old is Kay when the novel opens?
5. What is Kay's husband's name?
(d) She is divorced.
6. How is Kay's business?
(a) Well enough to make a decent living.
(c) Nearly bankrupt.
(d) She does not have a business.
7. Who is Eric Meyersen?
(a) A detective.
(b) Kay's best friend's husband.
(c) Kay's brother.
(d) Kay's ex-business partner.
8. Why does Kay spend a lot of time with her lawyer?
(a) Trying to rebuild her business.
(b) She's been arrested for fraud.
(c) She's been arrested for money laundering.
(d) She is a lawyer and does not need a lawyer.
9. Who is George Fugal?
(a) A San Francisco detective.
(b) Kay's lawyer.
(c) Kay's ex-husband.
(d) An accountant.
10. Why does Philip Brockman call Kay frequently?
(a) To ask for time with their child.
(b) To ask for a date.
(c) To ask for money.
(d) To report to her on the whereabouts of Eric Meyersen.
This section contains 4,744 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)