|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which creature overtakes the streets and is killed by Conan?
2. Who is supposedly revolting in the west?
3. What is burned at Khemi?
4. Valerius has been injured by the ____.
5. Taramis is the Queen of which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the announcement made by the deaf beggar.
2. Who is Amalric? What are his intentions?
3. What does Salome see in her crystal ball?
4. What happens to Conan after he is dragged off by a hundred men?
5. Why has Salome visited Tamaris?
6. What occurs when Conan makes his way into the temple?
7. What happens with the armies arrive?
8. Explain the scene in which Salome visits Tamaris in her cell.
9. What does Conan see in the Hall of the Dead?
10. Who is Salome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three rulers, such as Conan, Valerius, Tamaris, Salome, Trocero, etc., that are prominently featured in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the political and religious governments of Aquilonia, Khauran, and Stygia.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Cimmerians and the Nemedians. Include religious beliefs and principles, geography, culture, political power, and wealth.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)