|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provided the ancient spell for binding the demon?
2. What does Salome summon into the temple?
3. Who should be captain of Khauran?
4. The woman who offers Conan help to find his prey is a ______.
5. The ____ of Acheron will be invoked.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens regarding the spell cast by Xaltotun?
2. What happens after Conan arrives in Stygia?
3. What happens with the armies arrive?
4. Who is Akivasha?
5. How do people outside the prison learn that Tamaris is alive and in chains?
6. Astreas writes to Alcemides to explain the current state of the kingdom. What does Astreas say?
7. What happens to Tamaris at this time?
8. Where does Conan go on the ship? Which mystical river is nearby?
9. Discuss the announcement made by the deaf beggar.
10. Who are the Stygians?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a time lapse of seven months from the time Conan is abducted and crucified. During that time, Salome's rule over Khauran strengthens. Why do you think the author jumped forward by seven months? What else occurred during that time? Why was that time span used? What changes were made in that time period? Which changes were significant? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story or personal memoir that involves Conan in his future role as a king. How is Conan different this time? Will he still be a benevolent ruler? How will Conan interact with the other kingdoms? What will happen 10-20 years in the future?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Cimmerians and the Nemedians. Include religious beliefs and principles, geography, culture, political power, and wealth.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)