|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what method is Conan to be killed?
2. Who is put into place to learn about Tamaris?
3. What color are the towers of Khemi?
4. How many tribesmen march on behalf of Conan?
5. Conan orders the ship to sail to the port of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Salome's opinion of Constantius' plan?
2. Who is Salome?
3. Discuss the announcement made by the deaf beggar.
4. Where does Conan go on the ship? Which mystical river is nearby?
5. Who is Amalric? What are his intentions?
6. What happens to Conan after he is dragged off by a hundred men?
7. What happens regarding the spell cast by Xaltotun?
8. What is Valerius' position at this time?
9. What happens with the armies arrive?
10. Who is Tamaris? What strange incident occurs in her chamber?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three rulers, such as Conan, Valerius, Tamaris, Salome, Trocero, etc., that are prominently featured in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Xaltotun is one of the most powerful black magicians to have ever lives. Orastes is also an extremely powerful black magician. Orastes assists in bringing Xaltotun back to life. Explain Orastes' motives. Also compare and contrast the two black magicians, including their power and intentions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of crucifixion in the story. Howard explains the brutality and the slow death that is caused by crucifixion. Conan is crucified first but is eventually saved by the four horsemen. Why do the horseman release and rescue Conan? Who crucifies Constantius? Is Constantius saved? What was the man's crime? Explain.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)