|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for a stone coffin?
2. The stranger says that many ____ ride out of Poitain.
3. The man's robe was trimmed with the fur of which animal?
4. Which type of tree surrounds the fountain?
5. The Seer tells Yasmina that her mind is weak, filled with petty hate and ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Xaltotun's role in the story and the purpose for his reincarnation.
2. Conan and Albiona arrive at the temple of Asura. Who do they meet? What information does Conan receive?
3. Where does Conan go after leaving the palace? Why are the soldiers confused when they speak to Conan? What does Conan do after speaking with the soldiers?
4. What is Khemsa's explanation of the King's untimely demise?
5. What happens after Valbroso is paralyzed?
6. Who are the Black Seers? What does Conan say about the Mountain of Black Seers? What happens when Conan arrives?
7. Discuss the conversation between Conan and Trocero.
8. What are Conan's plans now that Devi is gone? Who will assist Conan in his quest to rescue Devi?
9. Explain the scene in which Conan approaches and enters the Black Seers' castle.
10. What does Conan plan to do after he leaves Trocero's castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail the Heart of Ahriman. What is the jewel? Why is it important? Does anything like the jewel exist? Did any such thing ever exist? What is its importance? How is it used in the story? Who ends up with the jewel? What do you think will happen to it next?
Essay Topic 2
Salome returns to claim the throne of Khauran from Tamaris. The reader quickly learns that Salome is Tamaris' evil twin. Discuss the scene in which the sisters are reunited. Also compare and contrast Tamaris and Salome.
Essay Topic 3
The story allows for a substantial use of flashback and is particularly valuable in giving the backstory of certain characters and events. Discuss the use of flashback in the storytelling process. Does each character give enough information to make the story relatable? If not, why? Do you like the use of flashbacks? Explain.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)