|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yasmina claims that the ____ are helpless.
2. What is the name of the woman that accompanied Conan into the palace?
3. Yasmina experiences which strong emotion?
4. Which animal is found inside the witch's hut?
5. The witch refers to herself as a(n) _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes a rumor about Conan's death?
2. What happens to Conan shortly after meeting Xaltotun? Why is Conan unafraid?
3. How is it discovered that Conan has escaped? Who is informed?
4. What does Conan plan to do after he leaves Trocero's castle?
5. Discuss the conversation between Conan and Devi after her rescue.
6. Who is the main character in the story? What is his background?
7. What happens when Valbroso and Conan meet Zorathus?
8. What request does the King make of Devi? What is Devi's response?
9. Who are the Black Seers? What does Conan say about the Mountain of Black Seers? What happens when Conan arrives?
10. Examine the scene in which Xaltotun is resurrected.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Conan's relationship with Count Trocero. Why is Trocero willing to talk to Conan while Conan is considered to be a fugitive? What is the former relationship of the men? Has the relationship changed? What does Trocero offer to Conan? How might the men come together to combat the enemy?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail the Heart of Ahriman. What is the jewel? Why is it important? Does anything like the jewel exist? Did any such thing ever exist? What is its importance? How is it used in the story? Who ends up with the jewel? What do you think will happen to it next?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three rulers, such as Conan, Valerius, Tamaris, Salome, Trocero, etc., that are prominently featured in the story.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)