|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the old noble?
2. The People of Yezud worship a great stone ____.
3. Which of the following was not present at the reincarnation of the corpse?
4. The skulls are located on the Tower of _____.
5. What color horse was chosen for Conan by Zenobia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Conan's plans now that Devi is gone? Who will assist Conan in his quest to rescue Devi?
2. Who is Chunder Shan? What is the conflict between Shan and the tribal chief?
3. What events occur as Conan travels to Afghulistan? Who goes with Conan? What peril lies ahead?
4. Explain the scene in which Conan approaches and enters the Black Seers' castle.
5. What happens to Conan shortly after meeting Xaltotun? Why is Conan unafraid?
6. Examine the relationship between Gitara and Devi. How does Gitara betray Devi?
7. What is Conan's mental state at this point? Who encourages Conan to continue his quest?
8. Who does Conan meet? What news does the woman give to Conan?
9. Discuss the conversation between Conan and Trocero.
10. What request does the King make of Devi? What is Devi's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Conan and Devi Yasmina. Why does Conan take Devi? Why does Conan risk himself to rescue Devi after she is kidnapped? How does Devi react? What type of future relationship might Conan and Devi have? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Who were the Black Seers? What were their beliefs, actions, powers and agenda? Examine the beliefs and teachings of the Black Seers and how their power was used to try to defeat Conan as well as several kingdoms.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Conan and Zenobia. Why does Zenobia help Conan? Why does Zenobia refuse to go with Conan when he leaves the palace? Will the pair ever meet again? What is the agenda of each?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)